Test Automation Engineer-AWS (REMOTE)
- Job Title
- Test Automation Engineer-AWS (REMOTE)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
Job Description Summary
Provides AWS cloud engineering and DevOps technical support in the definition, development, and improvement of application architecture to ensure that client needs are fully met. Applies advanced consulting skills and/or extensive technical expertise, full industry knowledge. Develops innovative solutions to complex problems. Works without considerable direction; mentors and may supervise team members.
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years directly related experience or Master’s degree and 3+ years directly related experience. Years of experience may be accepted in lieu of degree for certain roles. Certifications may be accepted in lieu of a degree for certain technical roles.
• Experience with AWS Elastic Container Service, EC2, Relational Database Service, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, VPC Networking, ELBs, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, KMS
• Knowledge of CloudFormation or Terraform IaC Tools
• Knowledge of CodeBuild, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, SSM Parameter Store
• AWS Cloud Architect Certification – Cloud Practitioner or Associate-Level
• Knowledge of design and development of Client Server and Web Enabled Corporate applications, including network topology
• Knowledge of object-oriented tools and techniques
• Knowledge of data modeling using automated tools
• Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
• Ability to create and convey the architectural vision for a program or project
• Ability to establish and enforce standards and practices
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
• DevOps experience and knowledge to:
▪ Perform various development activities for support including continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous testing, and continuous monitoring for various APIs hosted in the cloud
▪ Work collaboratively with software engineering team to design continuous integration best practices, deploy applications and automate operations and processes.
▪ Develop infrastructure deployment automation scripts for seamless upgrades avoiding downtime. and processes to support uptime SLA requirements.
▪ Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, QA, and production environments to maintain uptime commitments. Statement of Work Titled HI&M JLV Page 2 Proprietary – Booz Allen Hamilton Rev. 2020-05
▪ Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the DevOps industry and engage with client facing teams to consult and potentially help to implement DevOps practices.
▪ Perform script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations and assist with setup and maintenance of test environments for manual and automated testing.
▪ Work in tandem with developers to provide repetitive validation testing prior to production while allowing for a continuous cycle of development followed by application security assessments.
▪ Conduct performance testing to stress the limitations of technical solutions while ensuring business innovation and day-to-day processes are not negatively impacted.
▪ Document delivery and implementation advances that meet defined service-level agreements (SLAs) and business metrics.
Nice to Have:
• Experience with DynamoDB, API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, Step Functions, Kinesis, EventBridge, KMS, Glue, EKS, or Cognito.
• Experience with Relational Database Service (RDS)
• Experience with Veterans Affairs or other Federal government agencies
• Knowledge of Agile frameworks
• AWS Cloud Architect Certification
ThunderYard Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our community, and our customers. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination of race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, protected veteran status, family medical history or genetic information.