- Job Title
- Maintenance Manager
- Job ID
We are working with the #1 dairy company in the world with over 85,000 employees in 94 countries. For more than 40 years, this company has brought the US the best dairy has to offer.
Seeking a Maintenance Manager who will manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices, with an emphasis on the planning/scheduling of preventive, and predictive maintenance to improve equipment reliability. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, ensuring maximum production quantity and quality.
If you’re looking for a truly unique experience with a company that offers strong brand recognition and industry expertise along with a dynamic work environment that promotes local decision-making, hands-on responsibility, and practical development opportunities, we want to hear from you.
Location: Walton, NY
- Diagnose, develop, and implement methods and procedures to ensure most effective utilization of resources and provide the best possible service to the entire facility
- Provide support through troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, training and sharing of information to all departments and personnel
- Maintain the facility and assets to meet all regulatory guidelines (USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA)
- Partner with site leadership to enforce a safety culture that ensures a safe working environment for all employees that goes beyond complying with state and federal regulations
- Develop preventative maintenance procedures that are cost-effective and increase the operational life of the equipment
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with contractors, vendors, consultants, and suppliers
- Evaluate long-term needs for major projects and plant improvements. Responsible for developing the capital program for equipment replacement in the plant.
- Collaborate with the Plant Director and the Plant Management Team to utilize equipment in a manner that improves employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness
- Ensures that all technical documentation on PLC’s, instrumentation, and equipment (blueprints, manuals, SOP’s, maintenance procedures, PM’s, inventory/parts purchasing) is properly stored and maintained
- Ensure appropriate corrective actions are identified and implemented by utilizing key maintenance performance indicators to create overall equipment effectiveness
- Partners with the Associate Maintenance Manager to ensure the timely completion of all paperwork including maintenance records, incident reports and investigations
- Manage the maintenance team to include training, development, directing, monitoring, and counseling. Coach and develop Associate Maintenance Manager, Supervisors and Maintenance Technicians to achieve continuous improvement in performance levels. Partner with HR on all employee relations issues
- Partners with site leadership team to reduce expenses which include labor, shrink, ingredients, packaging, supplies, inventory, maintenance and overhead to acceptable levels
- Manages production downtime reports, determines opportunities, and creates an action plan to increase efficiencies
- 5+ years of industrial maintenance experience within Dairy, Food, and/or Beverage industry
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory compliance requirements within the dairy industry (USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, NFPA)
- Strong knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), 6S, LOTO, RCA and Reliability
- Solid understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and utility systems including ammonia refrigeration and boiler systems
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and report and follow through on any deficiencies
- Strong understanding of cost containment and budgetary principles
- Ability to develop and implement predictive and preventative maintenance best practices
- Proven ability to select, lead, motivate, develop, and retain a team of employees
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and on-call as needed