- Job Title
- Accounting Associate
- Chicago, IL
- Other Location
The AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking an individual to serve as our Accounting Associate. The Accounting Associate provides financial, administrative and clerical support by processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Principle functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Review and verify invoices and check requests;
- Sort, code and analyze invoices for payment;
- Enter invoices into system;
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Prepare and perform check runs;
- Manage A/P documents by scanning and filing;
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries;
- Allocate prepaid expenses;
- Clear checks in Accounting system;
- Update and maintain various Accounting Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
- Assist with other AFC departments’ activities as directed
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in this class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assignment of duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
One to three years’ experience in accounts payable
One or more years’ experience with general accounting procedures and data entry
One or more years’ experience with intermediate Excel
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
1 or more years’ experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet deadlines are critical.
Excellent customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting and positive working relationships with both internal and external customers.
Solid mathematical skills and the ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
Ability to use various Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel in order to perform job duties such as creating spreadsheets and responding to e-mail.
Please reference position FINACC 202
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.