Senior Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
Senior Software Engineer
We are in search of an experienced Full Stack Web Developer with Ruby on Rails experience to join the team; this position is 100% remote, with the future possibility of working on-site in Northampton, MA, if desired.
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company continues to grow.
We seek an individual possessing solid web development experience with a focus on implementing new features, bug fixes, UI improvements, and code optimization. The position will involve a variety of projects within the organization, both internal and client-facing. Candidates must have experience working in a team environment where priorities can shift based on customer feedback and current needs. This is not a client-facing role, but the candidate may be asked to assist the Customer Support team to resolve customer problems as they relate to web application issues. This position will report directly to the CTO.
Candidates must possess the following technical proficiencies:
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
Additional technical skills desired:
- Experience with Single Sign-on Solutions
- Experience with software development best practices
- Experience with Git development workflow
- Familiarity and/or experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) and AWS S3
- Knowledge of Automated Testing Solutions
- Familiarity with Slack
- Familiarity with Google for Business
- Familiarity with CI/CD
Our ideal candidate will also possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of experience in development/developer role
- Proven ability to review and self-check work, as well as the code of other team members
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in elementary or literacy education, educational publishing K–12, and/or educational technology a plus
Pioneer Valley Books’ office is located in Northampton, MA, and is temporarily closed due to COVID. This position is offered as a remote position for the foreseeable future; once the office reopens, there may be the opportunity to work on-site if desired.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé (no phone calls, please).
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO