- Job Title
- Engineering Internship/CO-OP
- Job ID
- Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Other Location
Join a company recognized for providing solutions, excellence, service, and integrity. We seek dynamic individuals to support organic growth.
SESI Consulting Engineers has been selected as one of NJBIZ’s "FASTEST GROWING" Companies and Inc.'s "5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies".
SESI Consulting Engineers, founded in 1976, is a well-established, progressive, consulting engineering firm in Parsippany, N.J. SESI has earned an excellent reputation for providing innovative Geotechnical, Site/Civil, and Environmental engineering solutions for owners, developers, and the construction industry throughout the NJ, NY, CT region.
Applies engineering or applicable education and participates in civil, geotechnical, and environmental projects such as construction of buildings, dams, roadways, and other types of construction to expand industry skills and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the conduct of civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering related services
- Performs tasks to make Staff Engineer/Associates more efficient
- Assists with inspection of compacted fills, utilities, asphalt, concrete, sitework elements
- Experiments with new growth strategies and ideas to develop technical skills
- Conducts geotechnical engineering laboratory tests
- Prepares samples of materials for laboratory testing
- Performs research and data entry
- Identifies the potential for new projects and seeks opportunities to promote the company’s services on an ongoing basis
- Travels 25% to 75% of the time which may be out of state
- Must have strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and willing to spend the majority of work hours in the field.
- BS in Civil Engineering or related field with a Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver's License and possess reliable transportation to access job sites.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Proficient or familiarity with AutoCAD, NitroPro, MS Word, Excel, Adobe.
- Position requires ability to use tools such as a lump hammer, shovel, hand auger, Nuclear Density Gauge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Approximately 25% to 75% of the work is conducted outdoors. Worker must be able to walk frequently on uneven hard and soft ground/terrain in all types of weather conditions to include cold, hot rain, snow, ice, etc. Employees working in the field may also be exposed to sun, wind, insects, plants, animals, etc. As a result, appropriate clothing for outdoor work, work boots, safety glasses, hard hat, safety vest is required while working in the field.