Senior Project Engineer (Environmental)
- Job Title
- Senior Project Engineer (Environmental)
- Job ID
- Parsippany, NJ 07054
- Other Location
- Tri-state area
Join a company recognized for providing solutions, excellence, service, and integrity. We seek dynamic individuals to support organic growth.
SESI Consulting Engineers has been selected as one of NJBIZ’s "FASTEST GROWING" Companies and Inc.'s "5000 America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies".
SESI Consulting Engineers, founded in 1976, is a well-established, progressive, consulting engineering firm in Parsippany, N.J. SESI has earned an excellent reputation for providing innovative Geotechnical, Site/Civil, and Environmental engineering solutions for owners, developers, and the construction industry throughout the NJ, NY, CT region.
SESI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), paid time off, tuition reimbursement, professional development assistance, bonus potential, employee engagement activities, just to name a few. SESI also engages its employees in all aspects of its projects and encourage them to participate in design and project management functions to their full potential.
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Works collaboratively with Principal and the client to solve the client’s problems in all of their interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages and performs site investigations
- Evaluates the surface and/or subsurface conditions and provide recommendations
- Plans and implements engineering programs, including defining the project philosophy, activities, milestones, and staff requirements per customer requirements
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned engineering project
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Identifies project staffing requirements and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, bid packages and proposals
- Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management
- Plans schedule of research according to company’s or contracting organization’s timetable, and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to meet project timetable
- Provides expertise in field of research
- Performs and reports interim analysis of accumulated data to monitor for the safety purposes
- Develops research plan, designs experiments, outlines research procedures to be followed, and identifies and/or provides training to subordinate personnel to carry out research
- Establishes major design parameters for projects in conjunction with project design team and client
- Preparation of proposal estimates of time and expenses required to complete project
- Affixes their Professional Engineers seal on the completed work after verifying work is accurate
- Participates in recruiting activities such as selecting, and orienting employees
- Conducts performance evaluation and provides performance feedback
- Counsels employees to reinforce policies and procedures
- Manages employees, provides oversite and direction
- Coaches, mentors, provides training and staff career development
- Reinforces business relationships with existing clients and develops new relationships with future clients
- Identifies the potential for new projects and seeks opportunities to promote the company’s services on an ongoing basis
- Involved in the sale of company services and secures new business
- Travels 10% of the time which may be out of state
This job has management responsibilities.
- Master’s degree preferred, a minimum of 10-12 years of experience and 8 years of project management related experience. Previous construction experience is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Valid Driver’s License and possess reliable transportation to access job sites
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Proficient or familiarity with computer design software (Quake, WEAP, L-Pile, Finite Element Analysis, etc.)
- AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D, NitroPro, GSLOPE, KeyWall, Rocscience, MS Word, Excel, Adobe
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move under 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The majority of work will be conducted in an office setting.
Approximately 10% of the work is conducted outdoors. Worker must be able to walk frequently on uneven hard and soft ground/terrain in all types of weather conditions to include cold, hot rain, snow, ice, etc. Employees working in the field may also be exposed to sun, wind, insects, plants, animals, etc. As a result, appropriate clothing for outdoor work, work boots, safety glasses, hard hat, safety vest is required while working in the field.