- Job Title
- Warehouse Associate/Inventory
- Job ID
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
Warehouse Associate/Inventory Control
We are in search of a Warehouse Associate, preferably with Inventory Control experience to join our team, and will be offering a bonus up to $500 for successful new hires!
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company continues to grow.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist the Inventory Control Coordinator, the Warehouse Manager, and the Fulfillment Supervisor in meeting the needs and goals of the warehouse. The Warehouse Associate/Inventory Control is expected to ensure that all warehouse processes are carried out with a high level of accuracy, consistency, and efficiency, and in particular, supports activities directly associated with inventory management and controls.
· Physically transfers all materials needed for assembly and fulfillment
· Understands and applies warehouse and inventory control procedures in accordance with company policy to effectively maintain stock
· Provides coverage for the Receiving department as needed such as unloading, material handling/transport, and restocking/put-away
· Participates in cyclical inventory counts and executes inventory corrections when identified
· Cycles out old stock; Re-stocks picking locations and fulfillment operations
· Coordinates product placement in assembly and overstock areas
General Warehouse Associate Tasks:
· Supports kit assembly operations and inventory by building/packing/storing kits and collections according to logistics established standards
· Safely operates forklifts and power jacks as well as keeping daily safety logs up to date
· Helps maintain a clean and safe environment by removing trash, cardboard and other debris on a daily basis;
· Plans and organizes how best to sequence tasks to meet deadlines
· Discusses and coordinates tasks with coworkers and site leadership
· Performs additional warehousing duties as requested by supervisor to include safety, housekeeping, facilities, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess: two or more years of related experience in Warehouse support, preferably with inventory control responsibility; demonstrably clear written and verbal communication skills; accuracy in the maintenance of records (both electronic and hard-copy); and familiarity with an ERP such as NetSuite or inventory software. Must be detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and a team player. A high school diploma or GED, as well as ability to lift boxes to 50lbs. and forklift and reach truck operation experience, is required.
This position is full-time and is based in our warehouse location in Florence, MA. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d like to know! Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé. No phone calls, please.
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO
- Pay Range
- $18.00 None to $0.00 None