Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist
- Job Title
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist
- Chicago, IL 60606
- Other Location
Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist
AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking a person to serve as a Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist. The Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, and facilitating the quality assurance and improvement processes for case management programs. This position will work with and support all subcontractors implement a quality management plan with emphasis placed on quality indicators for service provision.
The Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist will assist Programs Leadership in meeting all reporting scopes related to the collection and reporting of client level data in the database to ensure that eligible clients are retained in care and to ensure ongoing effectiveness of quality services and documentation. In addition, the Quality Assurance and Improvement Specialist will support new efforts to meaningfully involve clients and client voices in AFC and AFC-funded programming. The Specialist will also be responsible for participating in the AFC Quality Improvement Team, have oversight for the overall quality and quantity of care services provided, and implement quality assurance measures as related to all housing-related services.
Principal functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Data Monitoring, Reporting, and Quality Assurance
- Develop and Implement Quality Assurance system for services provided by AFC programs;
- Assist program managers in site visit performance reviews;
- Identify subcontractors’ organizational difficulties preventing the accomplishment of service objectives and proper documentation;
- Assist subcontractors in creating action plans to address identified barriers and/or issues;
- Collaborate with subcontractors to develop Continuous Quality Improvement plans including methodology, philosophy, timeframe, specific indicators; and with referenced policies and procedures; assist in developing methods for maintaining subcontractors' accountability to quality improvement plans;
- Assist with updating Quality Improvement policies and procedures for subcontractors to adhere to funder guidelines;
- Conduct regular chart reviews in AFC’s client level database to ensure case manager data entry compliance;
- Travel to all funded agencies with programs staff to conduct annual site visits and to provide intensive technical assistance as needed;
- Provide quality assurance-related support to program leads as needed.
Systems Quality Improvement
- Use data on measurable outcomes and service quality indicators to develop quality improvement goals and determine progress;
- Collaborate with Programs leadership to identify and prioritize client outcomes measures and interventions; monitor agency dashboards;
- Assist in the development and implementation of improvement plans;
- Monitor trends in service provision and costs for all service categories.
Client-Centered Quality Improvement and Community Accountability
- Collaborate with program team members and partner agencies to support the development of strategic, operational, and technological solutions for improving the quality of services delivered;
- Assist in the development and execution of innovative procedures for fostering meaningful engagement with clients;
- Assist in identifying and establishing new channels for ongoing, direct communication between AFC and clients;
- Assist in designing and establishing feedback loop processes for using input from clients to make programmatic changes;
- Integrate input from clients, partners, and AFC program staff to identify systems-level changes needed to impact client engagement to care, and to improve client health and quality of life outcomes;
- Assist in the preparation and dissemination of reports on client feedback across AFC programs to program managers, directors and senior leadership;
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new ways to foster a culture of accountability among program staff and partners to clients and communities impacted by AFC’s work.
- Participate in working groups and committees;
- Support the development and achievement of team goals and related strategic plan items;
- Provide subject-matter guidance to other department professionals.
- Assist the Data Services team on other Data Service matters as needed;
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others;
- Maintain and update job knowledge by participating in training and educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations;
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field and 1 or more years of Quality Management experience
PLUS 1 or more years’ experience using a client-level database (for example, HMIS)
PLUS experience using intermediate Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Master’s degree in Social Services or related field and 2 or more years of Quality Management experience
Experience using Microsoft SQL, Tableau or other data visualization software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with mangers, supervisors, staff, co-workers, partner agencies, and vendors.
The ability to manage time so that the priority of activities determines the timing and amount of attention received. This includes prioritizing, coordinating, and organizing tasks to maximize productivity, and maintaining focus on short- and long- term goals while dealing with distractions and interruptions.
Strong attention to detail skill and able to multi-task while ensuring that work activities are completed accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
Solid verbal/written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships to identify client’s/customer’s needs.
Strong ability to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers. This includes putting the customer first, following through on responsibilities, ensuring that promised work is completed, taking responsibility for commitments.
Diversity Awareness and the ability and willingness to respect and value the differences and perceptions of different groups/individuals.
Please reference position PRO QAIS 900
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation of Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.