Option 1: Create a New Profile
Digital Communications Specialist
- Job Title
- Digital Communications Specialist
- Chicago, IL 60606
- Other Location
Digital Communications Specialist
AIDS Foundation Chicago (AFC) mobilizes communities to create equity and justice for people living with and vulnerable to HIV or chronic conditions. We envision a world in which people living with HIV or chronic conditions will thrive, and there will be no new HIV cases. Our work focuses on advancing health equity, preventing new cases of HIV, serving as a collaboration and knowledge center, being a bold voice for change and strengthening our organizational excellence.
We are seeking an individual to serve as our Digital Communications Specialist. The Digital Communications Specialist produces multilingual content for AFC. The specialist will serve as the lead administrator for AFC digital channels and language officer and liaison for served communities and internal clients. They will lead the coordination of cross-channel dissemination of communications, programs, and services across digital tools, including web, social, mobile, and email channels and focus on Spanish-first communication strategies and relationships within digital communities. This position will be responsible for both Spanish and English posting and supporting translation needs for various media, including translating independently and overseeing consultants who provide translation. Spanish as a first or second language is required.
Principle functions and responsibilities of this position include the following:
Digital coordination: website, social media, email:
- Manage and execute social media activities across AFC departments to support organizational goals, including budgetary elements;
- Maintain flagship social media channels, including writing, scheduling, approving, and publishing content, as well as monitoring and engaging with thousands of followers;
- Identify, develop, and propose key metrics for social media; gather data and reports on performance against established metrics on a monthly basis.
- Own and regularly update the organization’s web, social media, Phone2Action and email channels;
- Develop, execute, and report on the paid social budget for overall AFC efforts as well as individual program campaigns;
- Manage and execute multiple paid and donated digital marketing campaigns in support of strategic priorities and revenue-generating events, including but not limited to AIDS Run & Walk Chicago, World of Chocolate, World AIDS Day, Giving Tuesday and year-end giving. Trains other teammates on best practices for paid social;
- Serve as a language consultant to other teams and staff on effective and appropriate use Spanish in the development of Spanish-first communications;
- Support a data-based decision-making approach to AFC’s editorial calendar by reporting on engagement with original content on social;
- Provide content for digital media (when appropriate) in both English and Spanish;
- Develop creative, compelling, and effective monthly e-newsletter to optimize results;
- Partner with teams on execution of email communication plans and maintains email calendar;
- Track campaign effectiveness through basic email reporting and analysis and create ongoing data-driven approach for continuous improvement;
- Manage email groups, interests and opt-in/opt-out strategies.
- Provide content for email (when appropriate) in both English and Spanish.
- Attend and volunteer at relevant fundraising and community events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Web Development or related field and 2 or more years of experience in managing digital campaigns, email campaigns and/or social media platforms. Spanish-language written and verbal skills required.
OR 4 or more years of experience in managing digital campaigns, email campaigns and/or social media platforms. Spanish-language written and verbal skills required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Web Development or related field and 3 or more years of experience in managing digital campaigns, email campaigns and/or social media platforms. Spanish-language written and verbal skills required.
One or more years’ experience with eCRM management, database management and audience generation, digital properties management, and/or digital marketing or communications management.
One or more years’ experience editing and/or copyediting written work, communications strategy, and graphics.
One or more years' experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud and social media management tools (i.e., Hootsuite or Buffer, Google software including Google Analytics, Google AdWords).
Spanish-language written and verbal skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to resolve problems while balancing the best interests of both the agency and employee or applicant.
Excellent organizational ability (attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, take initiative, and meet deadlines).
Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment quickly, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Must be able to work effectively with diverse populations.
The ability to write and speak purposefully, creatively, and succinctly, with proven experience composing a variety of written work in multi languages and formats (Spanish and English).
The ability to provide efficient, quality service to both internal and external customers. This includes putting the customer first, following through on responsibilities, ensuring that promised work is completed, taking responsibility for commitments.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must be able to understand and distill data about AFC into digestible content for a wide audience.
Please reference position code EXTR DCS 013
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at AIDS Foundation Chicago are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, ethnicity, creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, military service and/or marital status, order of protection status, handicap, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.