Director of Information Technology
- Job Title
- Director of Information Technology
- Job ID
- Northampton, MA
- Other Location
Director of Information Technology
We are in search of an experienced Director of Information Technology to join our team. This position will require some on-site presence to support our remote and hybrid workforce and may transition to a fully on-site role in the near future.
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company is rapidly growing.
The Director of Information Technology will manage and direct the company’s information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department provides efficient and effective technical support services. The Director will be responsible for working collaboratively with the CTO to develop and execute the strategic direction of IT initiatives, cyber- and data security, ERP and CRM platform support, and administration and oversight of PVB’s IT infrastructure and backup/disaster recovery. The Director also supervises IT staff and works with IT team members and senior management to oversee and implement IT-related projects.
Key Duties Include:
● Leads development and implementation processes for the organization’s IT systems and department
● Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss
● Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure
● Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs
● Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information
● Facilitates IT security audits and investigations
● Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to IT team members
● Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
● Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers
● Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP)
● Designs, deploys, and coordinates risk management of IT security and resiliency
● Monitors internal and external data policy compliance, ensuring employees and vendors
are following cybersecurity risk management policies
Our ideal candidate will possess:
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management
● Proficient in macOS, macOS server, and Apple business manager
● Excellent organizational, analytical, and project management skills
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support company goals
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required; master’s degree or MBA preferred
● Proven experience as IT director or similar role
● Proven success working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment; close attention to detail; and a keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to problems
Pioneer Valley Books is located in Northampton, MA; priority will be given to local candidates. This position is full-time, partially remote at this time, and may transition to a fully on-site role in the future.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a small, welcoming, pet-friendly office environment. Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé (no phone calls, please).
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO