ASTEC was founded in 1972 with the vision to apply creative thinking and state-of-the-art technology to traditionally low-tech industries, bolstered by a corporate culture renowned for putting customer service first. Based in Chattanooga, our market-leading brands have become a global leader in the manufacture of equipment from Rock to Road.
Welder - Evening Shift
- Job Title
- Welder - Evening Shift
- Job ID
- Chattanooga, TN 37410
- Other Location
At Astec-formerly known as Heatec, our mission is to design, build, and capitalize on the most innovative solutions and products for the industries and customers we serve globally. Our employees thrive in a safe and team-oriented work environment where they are empowered to make suggestions for operational and sustainability enhancements. With safety as our first core value, we take pride in developing talent and invest in training, protective equipment, and technology for continuous improvement. If you share our dedication to advancement and quality services, we'd love to have you join us at Astec- Wilson Rd-formerly known as Heatec!
If you're looking to expand your skills in welding/fabrication, or you're an experienced welder tired of seeing the same plans, we provide variety and opportunities! Our Welders earn a starting salary of $20.00-$25.00 per hour, depending on experience. There is a $1.00 shift differential for Evening Shift (2nd shift) Our Evening Shift (2nd shift) hours are Monday-Friday 3:30pm with an end time between 12:00am and 2:00am.
What You'll Do:
• Cut and prepare surfaces or components
• Lay out, position, fit, tack, weld, and finish a variety of parts or products following established methods and specifications
• Handle and position heavy components using an overhead crane, clamps, jigs, and fixtures
• Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
• Other job duties as assigned
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
• Health, Dental, Vision- Day 1 Eligibility
• Life, and Spousal Insurance
• Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Employee Wellness Programs, Tuition Aid, and Employee Assistance
What We Need from You:
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Forklift, overhead crane, and rigging experience required
• Must pass weld test
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret detailed drawings
ASTEC is a Drug Free Workplace, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.