- Job Title
- Manager, SOX
- Job ID
- Santa Clarita, CA 91355
- Other Location
Risk Advisory and Assurance Services (RAAS) is a diverse and global team, providing independent and objective assurance to the Audit Committee and senior management. Our team adds value to the brands by facilitating opportunities to optimize organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and profitability.
RAAS works with finance and operations personnel, onboard our ships and in our land-based locations, reviewing the organization’s processes and procedures to assess the design and effectiveness of controls with consideration of best practices.
1. Responsible for the coordination of activities related to the organization’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program, including:
- Coordinates SOX scoping with Finance leadership, ABG and PwC, ensuring RAAS completion of mapping from financial statement line items to processes, controls, reconciliations, etc. to ensure appropriate SOX testing coverage.
- Assesses the design of internal controls through walkthroughs and best practice comparisons with other operating companies.
- Manages SOX 404 testing through the allocation of work within the RAAS team (and where necessary, contractors) for timely completion of all required SOX testing activities.
- Monitors and reports on SOX testing progress and status, deficiencies, prior year remediation, action plan/milestone tracking and SOX timelines.
- Communicates updates to senior leadership on significant issues, items requiring escalation, deficiency quantifications, trends and concerns.
- Oversees the preparation of management’s Summary of Aggregated Deficiencies, including completion of impact assessment, compensating controls analysis, and quantification for items open at year end.
- Liaises with Internal Controls to coordinate SOX certifications with process and control owners, allowing senior executive management to sign the quarterly certification pursuant to SOX Section 302.
3. Coordinates with RAAS management to ensure the effective use of RAAS team members to minimize impact on timely completion of project work in the audit plan.
4. Ensures the RAAS & SOX Compliance policies and procedures are adhered to, including ensuring appropriate sampling, consistency and completeness of workpaper documentation and compliance with IIA Standards.
5. Recognized as an ambassador in promoting a sound financial control environment, by providing guidance and input to management on risks and controls.
6. Undertakes relevant research, training, and networking as required to stay abreast of new or changes to relevant legislation and ensures continuing professional development.
7. Builds and maintains effective working relationships with external auditors, ensuring they have appropriate access to information and people, their approach is aligned and consistent, and monitoring service standards.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, ideally in Accounting or Business.
- CPA professional certification is required.
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience with a Big 4, management consulting firm or large/complex internal audit department.