Join our team; help us make everything connect.
Alcatel Lucent Enterprise has operations in over 50 countries, providing world-class network, cloud, and communications solutions for customers in in a wide range of industries including retail, manufacturing, governments, education, healthcare, and hospitality. Read more about Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise.
Our 2100 strong team of employees is growing, with career opportunities in many fields and locations worldwide.
We offer development programs to broaden your skills, a friendly working environment and excellent employee benefits, while you contribute your valuable previous experience to enrich our presence in various continents.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here
Option 2: Create a New Profile
NPI Process Engineer
- Job Title
- NPI Process Engineer
- Requisition ID
- calabasas, CA 91301
- Other Location
NPI Process Engineer focuses on transitioning new product development into manufacturing in a LEAN manufacturing model.
• The Engineer requires direct experience with SMT manufacturing processes, PCBA assembly, and experiences in Design for Excellence.
• This position works concurrently with design engineering, NPI Industrial Project Manager and project management & engineering services. • This engineer will be responsible to help reduce complexity, by driving simplicity and design for excellence “LEAN” methodologies that improve quality, reduce manufacturing cycle time and reduce lead-time at the EMS partners.
• They have opportunity to reduce manufacturing and product costs as part of their daily function.
• Brings expertise in Lean Manufacturing concepts, teaches, trains on these concepts. Implements Design for Excellence Strategy.
• Does all this through both ALE design entities/contract manufactures as well as Outsourced Design & Manufacturing partners.
• Performs design for manufacturability and testability reviews focused on systematic improvements in design/product quality and manufacturability. • Review packaging designs and assure packaging properly documented on the BOM.
• Responsible to document and improve manufacturing readiness in NPIs.
• Supports engineering project core teams and provide qualification recommendations at the production release phase. • Accountable to monitor & improve overall product quality and EMS yields.
• Reviews yield reports and develops new reports to highlight & resolve EMS assembly issues. • Utilizes statistical based techniques to highlight, summarize, and resolve failures trends. • Responsible to effectively influence EMS partners toward DFT/Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Follows processes, procedures, policies, and company standards.
• Provide sustaining Manufacturing Engineering support to EMS.
• Document corrective and preventative actions for process escapes and gaps. Works to aggressively close these loopholes • Using 5-WHY techniques, drives to understand true root causes in analysis.
Qualifications: Education: Requires a BS degree or equivalent experience. 5 years engineering support experience applicable to DFM in electronic manufacturing. Must have English reading and writing skills and ability to work with limited direction. Cantonese and/or Mandarin reading, writing and verbal skills a plus. Experience in offshore EMS facilities a plus.