- Job Title
- Electrical Engineer
- Job ID
- Syracuse, NY 13201
- Other Location
Electrical Engineer – Radar Systems
Syracuse, New York
US Citizenship Required with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance Required@Orchard LLC, A Woman-Owned small business has been retained by a growing Engineering Consulting firm with commercial and government clients, to assist satisfy several critical roles. Our client is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with a strong background in EE work within a manufacturing or depot environment, to support their client, a small manufacturing company in the radar space. The right individual will be familiar with Electrical Engineering hardware design and problem, solving, related to prototype development and productions.
The work is located in Syracuse, NY, and will require working on-site with the client.
As the Electrical Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Establishing, coordinating, and/or participating in technical reviews.
- Working seamlessly with engineers of various disciplines.
- Traveling to the customer site and when required, internationally.
- Conducting Electrical Engineering hardware design and issue resolutions related to prototype development and production testing.
- Work as part of an experienced engineering team to complete the radar system design, test, installation, and quality control.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or a related degree combined with electrical hardware design and troubleshooting experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience within a manufacturing or depot environment, conducting electrical engineering activities.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced engineering techniques and analyze complex problems.
- Technical team leadership experience.
- Significant experience designing and implementing RF subassemblies up to 2GHz - receivers, transmitters, upconverters, synthesizers.
- Understanding of RF communications systems link budget analysis and antenna pattern design analysis and testing.
- Hands-on experience with analog circuit design and PCB assemblies.
- Working knowledge of RF system implementations for terrestrial radio or SATCOM applications.
- Proficient use of RF design simulation tools and schematic capture tools.
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret level clearance.
- Willing to travel up to 10% within the United States.
- Other desired skills and experience include;
- Experience designing and developing RF antenna systems for DoD applications.
- RF Communications Systems design for Submarine or Shipboard applications
- RF sub-assembly design experience for DoD applications.
- Experience with the RF design implementation for the following systems - GPS Receive, VHF/UHF SATCOM, Iridium, Link -16, VLF/LF communications, VHF/UHF LOS transceivers.
- Proficient working with RF design simulation tools - ADS, HFSS, Matlab/SIMULINK BASIC.
- Ability to interface and integrate with various customers and subcontracted design companies.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.