- Job Title
- Technical Lead
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Remote or Melbourne, FL 32934
- Other Location
*100% remote allowed
Summary: The Technical Lead will act as the primary technical liaison between the customer, project manager, engineers, and our development teams. They are responsible for uncovering and translating customer requirements into solutions, developing technical product roadmaps for the customer, and working alongside the scrum team to design and execute a secure, scalable container solution. The Technical Lead will be supporting the integration between legacy systems of record and consumer applications with reusable services. They will work in partnership with various technical teams across development, security, operations, and cloud.
Additionally, the Technical Lead will research advanced technology concepts regarding best practices for running products and/or services in a government cloud. They will also be responsible for identifying and developing improvements across the project (e.g. Code, Environment, Architecture, Automation, and Processes) to ensure deployment of new capabilities.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline
Required Years of Experience: 10 years general experience or 8 years with a higher-level degree.
- Lead discussions around future technology capabilities with key stakeholders on the project
- Work closely with technical leadership and project management to ensure project improvements are successfully implemented per the customer requirements
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Assist other project engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Analyze current technologies used within the project and develop strategies to improve the current technology stack and processes
- Manage internal development teams to produce software and architectures
- Review designs and code of other developers for quality, performance, standard adherence and requirement satisfaction
- Account for possible project constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- Proven work experience as a Senior Engineer
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Experience developing IT solutions in cloud infrastructure
- Experience in Cloud Technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Familiarity with Microservices, REST, SOAP, API, OpenAPI, RAML, and SOA.
- Up-to-date understanding of best practices regarding system security measures within a government environment
- Experience with developing automation processes (IaC)
- Professional work experience in analyzing solution architecture
- Ability to work with various team leads to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Developer, or DevOps (Associate or higher)
- Use and knowledge of SQS, SNS, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, Certificate Manager
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration platforms
- Experience and understanding of best practices when using source control management tools (e.g., GitHub / GitLab)
- Experience with implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Java Spring and MuleSoft based applications
- Experience deploying applications to Tomcat
- Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS). Understanding of mutual TLS.
- VA or other Federal Government experience required