- Job Title
- R&D Scientist
- Job ID
We are working with a plant-based company in the Bay Area that is looking for an R&D Scientist! This role will be a significant contributor discovering novel concepts in the plant-based protein space. This newly created role must bring your passion for research, curiosity for innovation, creative thinking and knowledge of protein science! Please apply if interested!
Location: This is a full time, in-person position at their Headquarters in Oakland, CA. Remote once a week. Free parking onsite, vegan snacks, and unlimited PTO.
- Design and conduct continuous improvement research projects on existing products
- Apply deep understanding of dairy science OR any type of protein science to replicate dairy properties in plant based systems
- Lead innovation for future product pipeline
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer and product development team to perform lab experiments that provide valuable data to drive product innovation
- Help build the R&D team by establishing team norms and embodying a collaborative approach
- 3+ years of R&D experience in plant-based food (plus if you have experience in dairy, or plant-based proteins)
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in food science, food engineering, or food microbiology
- Posses a solid understanding of and have worked with fermentation and cultures
- Passionate about the food industry and care about food systems
- Passionate about food innovation
- Thrive in ambiguous situation and startup environments. Take ownership and create solutions to problems. Known to drive your own projects with little guidance and oversight.
- Out of the box thinker.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing process (equipment/machinery) and how your work could translate into viable scale-up products