Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Job Title
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI 48154
- Other Location
The Compensation and Benefits Specialist will ensure the company is competitive in the areas of compensation and employee benefits, support HRIS (Workday) and lead local payroll. The position requirements include but are not limited to:
- Analyze and lead compensation initiatives including market job analysis, completion of annual compensation market surveys, job classification, range creation and maintenance, to ensure competitive and data-based compensation positioning for all global entities..
- Prepare and maintain job descriptions; ensure descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Analyze and lead US benefits administration and analysis for all family companies, and work with benefits broker to create competitive, cost-effective benefits packages for the organization and employees supporting all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
- Support annual benefits open enrollment process for all for all family companies.
- Coordinate compensation programs such as annual salary planning and bonus company wide.
- Coordinate new employee benefits overview during onboarding.
- Administration and support of HRIS system (Workday) including implementation and payroll (locally).
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required.
- SHRM certification a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience in HR with specific experience in compensation and benefits.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Preferred skillset will have HRIS experience in Workday.