- Job Title
- Purchasing Coordinator
- Job ID
We are working with a rapidly growing food tech company that is very dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of food and serving local communities. Seeking a talented Purchasing Coordinator will lead, manage, and execute the purchasing activities with the suppliers and operations team for uninterrupted daily operations.
Location: Irvington, NY- hybrid schedule (Potential of travel up to 20% of the time)
*Please note: Our client requires this individual to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Create and send purchase orders for all greenhouses for raw materials, packaging, and essential daily items
- Track the progress of all shipments and communicate to suppliers and supply chain on lead times
- Analyze greenhouse/warehouse inventory, supply-demand planning to identify safety stocks and on-hand inventories
- Verify AP processing of supplier invoices
- Evaluate supplier performances based on criteria set by the team on Service, Quality, Availability, and Cost
- Support Procurement on supplier negotiations and onboarding
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers
- Manage supplier compliance documentations
- Support innovation sourcing and new supplier onboarding
- Support alternative supplier search and evaluation
- Perform other supply chain management duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3+ years relevant Purchasing and Procurement experience, preferably in fast-moving consumer product manufacturing
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with vendors and internal teams
- Strong negotiation skills
- Advanced computer skills, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven problem-solving ability; comfortable analyzing data and presenting recommendations
- Ability to read and interpret general industry documentation
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision, self-starter
- Travel will be required by automobile, airplane, train, etc., approximately 10%.