Performance Test Engineer (Software)
- Job Title
- Performance Test Engineer (Software)
- Job ID
- Farmington Hills, MI 48334
- Other Location
Performance Test Engineer
The Performance Tester is responsible for conducting system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability. The ideal candidate will have experience working on Agile software development projects as a performance/load tester. To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed; meet the education and work experience required; and must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties, in addition to the below, may be assigned as necessary to meet business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
• Write, maintain, and execute performance and load tests using tools such as JMeter.
• Develop automated test scenarios, manual test scenarios, and associated documentation
for reporting test status and results.
• Work with other technical team resources to analyze root causes of performance issues and
recommend corrective actions.
• Provide training and mentorship on performance and load testing to other team members.
• Suggest new tools and techniques to improve testing efficiency.
• Work with development teams to integrate performance testing earlier in SDLC
• 5 to 10 years of experience in Performance Testing and exposure to different Performance
Testing tools (JMeter)
• Excellent skills in Performance Testing using JMeter (minimum 3 years of experience in
JMeter) is preferred.
• Integration of JMeter Scripts with Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops pipelines
• Ability to work independently on project performance testing with minimal supervision.
• Hands on experience on Linux and Windows Server environments is preferred.
• Basic understanding of database SQL and Shell Script.
• Hands on experience with performance monitoring tools like New Relic and Splunk
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Experience defining and establishing performance test standards
• Experience recommending and implementing performance test tools
• Scrum agile experience