- Job Title
- Sanitation Manager
- Job ID
We are working with a fast-growing food-tech company that develops, produces, and markets branded cereal and snacks. This amazing company is backed by many large investors and have risen to become one of the top cereal brands in just 2 years. They are looking for a Sanitation Manager interested in working for a dynamic company that has introduced products with category leading flavor/texture and it could be you! This role will help ensure safe and clean production of delicious cereals and snacks in the facility and report to the Plant & Operations Manager.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Create a work environment that reflects a commitment to protecting the health and safety of employees, food safety, and quality of products
- Develop, implement, and maintain plant sanitation programs
- Have working knowledge of CIP/COP systems
- Periodically audit sanitation and CIP processes to ensure compliance with SSOP’s
- Implement and oversee plant Master Sanitation programs and related documents such as checklist, verification checks, etc.
- Work with Production and other management to plan and schedule work of supervised staff to meet sanitation schedules while maximizing productivity.
- Collaborate with QA staff to troubleshoot and analyze sanitation-related issues
- Continuous improvement of sanitation methods, equipment performance, and quality of products produced and distributed by the plant
- Validate SSSOP’s annually or when systems are modified
- Work with Procurement Manager to manage relationships with outside vendors, such as the plant chemical supplier
- Collaborate with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments, including production, to identify, solve, and prevent problems affecting sanitation
- Hire, train, and instruct employees regarding sanitation standards, GMPs, SSOPs, and objectives
- Oversee instruction, implementation, and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees
- 5+ years of experience in sanitation food processing/manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of experience with people management
- Working knowledge of sanitation operations, as well as current and developing sanitation techniques
- Background in chemicals used for sanitization
- Working knowledge of HACCP and regulatory agencies such as, BRC, State, FDA, GFSI, etc.
- Mechanically inclined
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs, as well as lead others through change
- Multi-tasker, team-player, and collaborator across multiple functions and disciplines
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred