Human Resources Assistant Manager
- Job Title
- Human Resources Assistant Manager
- Job ID
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
Pioneer Valley Books is seeking a Human Resources professional to join our mission-driven organization! The Human Resources Assistant Manager position is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team by assisting in all facets of HR programs, policies, and projects.
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company continues to grow.
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant Manager will be responsible for a wide range of tasks to ensure projects are completed and departmental goals are met, with a focus on coordinating HR programs and projects, creating and updating HR documents and policies, and helping managers accomplish job goals by providing HR support for employee relations. This position reports to the HR Manager and works in collaboration with all departmental managers.
The HR Assistant Manager will serve as the point of contact in decision-making while the HR Manager is out of the office. The ideal candidate has a broad range of experience in the field of Human Resources and is a strong communicator with a willingness to juggle multiple projects as assigned, including benefits administration and enrollment; preparation and maintenance of job requisitions and descriptions; timely responses to unemployment claims and worker’s compensation claims across different states; and oversight of leaves of absence/tracking.
- Assist in the development of HR policies and procedures
- Assist with disputes, investigations, and disciplinary matters
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Associate degree or equivalent, preferably in Human Resources
- Two years or more of related Human Resources experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and/or Google Suite
- Working knowledge of internal communication tools such as email, Slack, and Zoom
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time efficiently, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Works well both within a team environment and independently
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO