Database Engineer (FC-2)
- Job Title
- Database Engineer (FC-2)
- Job ID
- Annapolis Junction, MD
- Other Location
Legato, LLC recruiters (Staffing@legatocorp.com) would love to speak with you regarding the following position: Database Engineer
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Polygraph
We are Seeking: A candidate to support the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities. Support the analysis and evaluation of system improvements, optimization, development and/or maintenance efforts. Support the development of long- and short-term requirements for database administration and design. Assist in developing databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Translate a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file. Assist in developing database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development. Lead development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development. Lead development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Develop requirement recommendations from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems). Develop a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and must make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- Experience developing, configuring, troubleshooting, monitoring, administering, updating and testing Oracle databases
- Experience with SQL development relevant to Oracle databases
- Experience developing databases to be executed on Linux, Unix, Windows, or Cisco OS operating systems
- A CWIP IAT Level I Certificate
- Five (5) years’ experience as a developer is required.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline. Five (5) years of additional experience can substitute for a bachelor's degree, for a total of ten (10) years’ of experience
Legato, LLC is a dynamic small business headquartered in Columbia, near Ft. Meade, MD. Our positions include Cyber, Software, Systems, Networking, Data Science and other complex engineering capabilities. We set ourselves apart by having employees in the top of their field and who enjoy working at Legato for its attention to its employees, aggressive compensation, and benefits package and upward mobility possibilities.