Marketing Motion Designer
- Job Title
- Marketing Motion Designer
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
Do you love creating whimsical animations and bespoke illustrative pieces? Are you self-motivated and looking to develop graphics and videos that connect with customers who are passionate about teaching children how to read? If so, Pioneer Valley Books might be the place for you! We are looking for a talented Marketing Motion Designer who can create engaging animations and edit videos for a diverse array of media platforms in the literacy market.
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company continues to grow.
The Marketing Team at Pioneer Valley Books is in search of a Marketing Motion Designer who will be responsible for creating graphics and animations, and executing light video editing, with a focus on animated pieces. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Marketing and works in collaboration with the Marketing team across three company brands.
The Marketing Motion Designer will work closely with the Senior Designer, Senior Project Manager, and Senior Manager of Marketing to execute marketing pieces for campaigns using visual effects, animations, video editing, and other techniques. Using their Adobe Creative Suite skills and strong eye for design, they will help create outstanding digital assets that match the Pioneer Valley Books brands. It is expected that they will utilize best brand positioning, follow guidelines, and be comfortable collaborating with the creative team to produce animations and videos according to industry best practices and current trends.
- Create illustrations, animations, videos, and other artwork used in marketing materials, and deliver completed final assets under the guidance of the Senior Manager of Marketing
- Provide motion design and layout for branded web images, social media campaigns, and advertising materials
- Transform initial concepts and existing layouts into new works
- Perform video editing from recorded material, animation, and more
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing team to ensure smooth execution of projects
- Prepare materials for final posting (i.e., reduce file size, make sure that audio is purchased and accounted for, adjust sound, set animations output at best file size, and ensure proper file naming)
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree in design preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as interpersonal and time management skills
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate in a cross-functional environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, with attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to juggle multiple projects from concept through production
- Works well within both a team environment and independently
Experience with any of the following will be considered an additional asset: elementary education, literacy education, or educational technology.
Currently, this position is full-time remote with the option to transition to a remote/in-person hybrid, depending on candidate qualifications and ability to effectively work remotely.
Our company office is located in Northampton, MA. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a small, welcoming, pet-friendly office environment. If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d like to know! Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé. No phone calls please.
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO