Marketing Project Manager – Resources for Reading
- Job Title
- Marketing Project Manager – Resources for Reading
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
Pioneer Valley Books is seeking a self-motivated Marketing Project Manager to join our mission-driven organization! The Marketing team needs an attentive and creative Project Manager to lead the messaging of our literacy tools brand, Resources for Reading. Join our creative team as we craft fun and thoughtful marketing campaigns for our beloved customers—teachers and schools!
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company continues to grow.
The Marketing Project Manager – Resources for Reading will maintain and clarify Pioneer Valley Books’ literacy tools brand, steer the brand in line with current market research and analytics, and project manage the development, production, and deployment of print, digital, and social media assets to drive marketing initiatives and strong customer rapport.
As a member of the Marketing team, this person will work collaboratively and interdepartmentally with PVB colleagues to ensure all marketing projects are ready for the design and production process and will shepherd projects from concept and rough draft format to printing and delivery receipt. The Marketing Project Manager will stay on target with digital projects and social media channels, keep tabs on educational market research, and maintain distribution of assets. This person will collect and polish content in collaboration with PVB teams, identify needs and suggest enhancements to the Resources for Reading website, maintain cohesive language with overlap into the PVB main website, work with editors, and occasionally assist with photoshoots.
• Work with the Marketing team to create and implement plans for outreach to the literacy market and for building greater brand awareness
• Project manage the full process cycle of marketing campaign/collateral pieces, from concept and creation to production, printing, and distribution
• Define needs of and maintain Resources for Reading website, keeping content fresh and updated, and working in collaboration with the Senior Project Manager and Senior Manager of Marketing
• Manage website content distribution and product updates
• Maintain and develop new offshoot Resources for Reading social media channels
• Perform market research and use data to inform outreach efforts
• Promote brand and brand website by coordinating announcements in print and digital media ads, registering with search engines, improving web exposure, and analyzing and creating ways to draw people to the website
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
• Associate degree in marketing, communications, journalism, English, business, or related field is required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in marketing; educational publishing experience preferred
• Proven experience with both print and digital project management
• Demonstrated proficiency with social media and digital platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, MailChimp, JIRA, and WordPress, as well as knowledge of email marketing best practices
• Detail-oriented with excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills
• Demonstrable proficiency with Google Docs, Microsoft Word and Excel, and some database applications in a Mac-based environment is advantageous
• Must be a highly motivated, self-directed individual
• Exceptional writing skills in various styles, including for web, public relations, marketing, and technical; excellent proofreading and editing skills
• Ability to take initiative to grow knowledge of educational publishing language and the educational market for use in PVB marketing
• Ability to use organizational skills to aid other related departments if needed
• Ability to travel about 5% of time
Currently, this position is full-time remote with the option to transition to a remote/in-person hybrid, depending on candidate qualifications and ability to effectively work remotely.
Our company office is located in Northampton, MA. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a small, welcoming, pet-friendly office environment. If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d like to know! Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé. No phone calls please.
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO