Account Compliance/Accounts Payable Assistant
- Job Title
- Account Compliance/Accounts Payable Assistant
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company continues to grow.
We are searching for an Account Compliance/Accounts Payable Assistant to assist the Finance team with several accounting tasks. The Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for processing payments, with a focus on accounts receivable. The Accounts Payable Assistant will also prepare remote bank deposits and assist with invoice auditing, accounts payable, and purchase order reconciliation. This role reports to the Accounts Compliance Supervisor and works in collaboration with other members of the Finance team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail and a proven track record of accuracy and will be a solid communicator with a willingness to juggle multiple tasks and bring projects to error-free completion. Good judgment and discretion are required at all times.
- Process checks and credit card payments in accounting system
- Prepare remote bank deposits and ensure timely delivery of revenue to the bank
- Assist with monthly receivable invoice auditing
- Enter accounts payable invoices, credit card expenses and resolve discrepancies between payment amounts and invoices
- Assist with purchasing by reconciling invoices received to purchase orders
- Enter credit card receipts and reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Provide administrative assistance to the Finance Department
- Manage files and records as needed
- Open and distribute mail
- Serve as backup for Account Compliance Specialist including invoicing, emailed inquiries, and customer account updates
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Two-year degree in Accounting, or equivalent business experience in a similar accounting role
- Detail-oriented and accurate; ability to notice discrepancies and make recommendations
- Discretion and ability to make sound judgments regarding sensitive documents
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, adapt to changing priorities, and maintain a mature, problem-solving demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
Our company office is located in Northampton, MA. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a small, welcoming, pet-friendly office environment. If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d like to know! Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé. No phone calls, please.
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO