Project Editor, Communications
- Job Title
- Project Editor, Communications
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
Do you love collaborating and providing key support to projects within an editorial team environment? Do you enjoy creating checklists just to check things off? If your answer is yes to these questions, then we want to speak with you!
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company continues to grow.
The Project Editor, Communications, will coordinate multiple workflows and processes, including but not limited to internal and customer communications, final production and upload of digital content, and support of product management processes. This role reports to the Senior Managing Editor and works in collaboration with multiple departments.
We are in search of a Project Editor to assist the team in the project management of print and digital products and services specifically targeted toward literacy learners and educators. We are looking for an enthusiastic project manager with a strong eye for detail to support the production of error-free print and digital copy. They will work closely with the editorial team and external teams to ensure styles are applied consistently across products and platforms and ensure all aspects of quality control. The right candidate will be technologically savvy and comfortable working in various programs and platforms, including Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite (specifically InDesign and Acrobat), Google sheets, Vimeo/video platforms, ZenDesk, and NetSuite. Familiarity with content management databases is preferred.
- Copyediting and updating a wide range of content to ensure alignment with current products, including marketing content, customer support documents, website content, internal newsletters and communications, product descriptions, and press releases.
- Coordinating development and dispersal of multiple lines of internal and external product communications.
- Organizing and overseeing final development and upload of digital products, including videos, downloadable content, and other digital assets; beta testing and QCing all digital content, and tracking content that is not evergreen or otherwise becomes outdated
- Providing key support for product management processes, including SKU creation/management and launch form oversight.
- Performing regular content checks to ensure clarity, accuracy, readability, and integrity of content while maintaining conformity to PVB’s required style standards.
- Collating raw data in support of content development.
- Editing and proofreading content in support of the production of books and teaching materials.
- Following established process flow and adhering to agreed schedules and deadlines.
- Utilizing excellent interpersonal skills while monitoring and communicating progress of projects with team, both within and outside of department.
- Optimizing resources and staying on track to meet multiple and often overlapping deadlines.
- Ensuring consistent application of all quality control processes across projects.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 3–5 years of editing experience
- Experience with content management processes
- Willingness to develop deep product knowledge across digital and print spaces
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects comfortably
- Knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible with changing organizational needs
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat/InDesign/Photoshop, and some database applications in a Mac-based environment
- Knowledge of ZenDesk and NetSuite is preferred
Currently, this position is full-time remote, with plans to transition to an on-site role in the future. However, we may consider continuing this role as remote or remote/in-person hybrid, depending on candidate qualifications and ability to effectively work remotely.
Our company office is located in Northampton, MA. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a small, welcoming, pet-friendly office environment. If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d like to know! Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé. No phone calls please.
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO