Infrastructure Engineer (TJ-2/3)
- Job Title
- Infrastructure Engineer (TJ-2/3)
- Job ID
- Fort Meade, MD
- Other Location
Legato, LLC recruiters (Staffing@legatocorp.com) would love to speak with you regarding the following position: Infrastructure Engineer
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Polygraph
We are Seeking: The Infrastructure Engineers will implement, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse infrastructure systems (e.g. multi-purpose hosting, virtualized environments, big data analytic systems, cloud environments, real-time systems, business management information systems, logging and monitoring systems, hardware, active directory, Linux/Unix- Windows- or OSx-based, storage area networks (SAN), LAN and WAN networking, and other infrastructure-related components) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Review and test infrastructure components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves reported system issues. Utilizes infrastructure engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development/test/production environment. Provides specific input to the component system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, system reuses, use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)/Government Off-The- Shelf (GOTS), and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual system components with particular emphasis on complex networking topics.
The Infrastructure Engineer has the following capabilities:
Dataflow experience within the last 5 years; performs system integration, system administration, or network engineering tasks; and contributes to the development of sections of IT and telecommunication systems.
Experience in one or more of the following networking topics is preferred:
• Network troubleshooting of complex issues, such as IPSec, VXLan, FWs, Load Balancing and DNS • Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and thin client architectures
• Security administration to include enterprise antivirus, malware detection, intrusion detection and audit solutions.
• Open-Source tools, such as Snort
• Cloud technologies, such as OpenStack, Hadoop, and Cloudera.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services platforms and solutions
Performs tasks in IT and telecommunication projects in at least (3) three of the following areas:
• Windows or Linux server system administration (e.g., 2K3, 2K8, 7, 10, various Linux flavors),
• Integrating GOTS/COTS/open-source solutions,
• Virtualization technology experience (e.g., VMWare, Zen, Citrix, KVM),
• networking and TCP/IP protocols (e.g., CISCO, Juniper),
• Storage technologies (e.g., SAN, NAS, Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS),
• Remote access (e.g., Juniper SSL VPN), or other IT infrastructure technologies.
Designs and delivers infrastructure solutions; has the ability to work complex projects as senior contributor and as part of an integrated product team; and strong communication skills and experience working directly with customers.
About Your New Company
Legato, LLC is a dynamic small business headquartered in Columbia, near Ft. Meade, MD. Our positions include Cyber, Software, Systems, Networking, Data Science and other complex engineering capabilities. We set ourselves apart by having employees in the top of their field and who enjoy working at Legato for its attention to its employees, aggressive compensation, and benefits package and upward mobility possibilities.