Systems Engineer – Automotive Infotainment (GM/GMLAN Experience) (Hybrid On-Site & Remote in Novi, MI) (Electrical/Software Engineering)
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer – Automotive Infotainment (GM/GMLAN Experience) (Hybrid On-Site & Remote in Novi, MI) (Electrical/Software Engineering)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Work Hybrid
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Title: Systems Engineer – Automotive Infotainment (GM/GMLAN Experience) (Hybrid On-Site & Remote in Novi, MI) (Electrical/Software Engineering)
Comp: $100K-$135K+ - Full Time
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
POSITION SUMMARY / PURPOSE
This position will work on system-level engineering and electrical problem analysis for automotive infotainment systems, specifically AM/FM. SDARS, Audio, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and USB features. Common tasks include creation of validation plans to test various radio features. Responsibilities include creation of validation plans comprehending and explaining customer requirements, electrical/ system issue analysis, understanding schematic and block diagram of the system, understanding electrical components data sheets, evaluate bench and vehicle log files for issue analysis and supporting customer issues. Engineer will also be responsible for in vehicle system evaluation of performance of infotainment subsystems.
KEY JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with the customer base and the headquarters in Japan for electrical engineering and validation related topics on automotive audio systems such as radio, amplifier and navigation.
- Capture and analyze in-vehicle bus data such as GMLAN, LIN, and MOST.
- Capture and analyze internal bus data such as I2C and UART.
- Work with OEM customers to define specifications and negotiate requirements when necessary.
- Communicate analysis results and customer requirements to the core engineering team in Japan.
- Prepare and support design review and technical review meetings with OEM customers for system-level engineering issues.
- Work on and negotiate environmental validation plans with customer therefore validation requirement understanding is required.
- Testing and investigation of issues at customer sites when required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LICENSE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering (or related technical field).
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with GM in an electrical, software, or systems role.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on GMLAN experience and familiarity with GMLAN principles such as power moding, DTCs, and end-of-line programming.
- Understand environmental validation requirements.
- Must be able to understand electrical schematics and block diagrams.
- Hands-on knowledge of electrical debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, etc.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project.
- Must be a self starter and proactive problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Previous experience with infotainment products (radios, navigation, amplifier, etc.).