New Store Opening - Deli/Bakery Team Member
- Job Title
- New Store Opening - Deli/Bakery Team Member
- Job ID
- Lake Orion, MI 48360
- Other Location
Join your new neighborhood grocery store that is focused on bringing fresh, local, and affordable products. Join the Meijer family in a fun, community focused environment that is full of autonomy. These are neighborhood grocery stores created by Meijer, focused on bringing "a unique shopping experience featuring a full assortment of fresh food, local, artisan groceries, and Meijer and national brand products."Ready for a fresh start? Be a part of the excitement as a Deli Associate at Meijer Grocery delivering an extraordinary customer experience and high-quality essentials to our community!
As a Deli Associate, slicing deli meats and cheeses to order, provide product suggestions and assist customers with special orders while you provide our customers with exceptional customer service. You will stock cases and ensure that our customers have a variety of high-quality deli items to choose from. You will ensure complete compliance with food safety and sanitation requirements throughout your daily work. You will clean and sanitize dishes, food preparation areas, and equipment.
MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE
ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS WELCOME; TRAINING PROVIDED
CURRENT OR PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN DELI, BAKERY, FOOD SERVICE OR RESTAURANT A PLUS!
What is Meijer Grocery?
Meijer Grocery stores are a new foods-first way to shop. We’re introducing a totally new and different store format that reflects the values and promise of the Meijer master brand – like freshness, low prices, and incredible service for our customers.
What makes Meijer Grocery different? It’s designed to be more convenient. Like a neighborhood store. It majors in fresh produce, great food assortment, and local and Meijer brand products, along with just what you need to get through your week – like household, baby and pet essentials, and a pharmacy.
Your new Meijer Grocery is not a supercenter. It’s a simplified shopping experience.
- You will create those ‘WOW’ moments that have a positive and lasting impact on our customers.
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- Assist customers with their orders for a variety of deli and bakery services.
- Provide product suggestions and assist customers with special orders.
- Ensure quality service and products for customers by following safety and sanitation procedures.
- Respond to customer questions in an effective and efficient.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Build trustful relationships with customers to encourage return visits.
- Stock product and product displays according to merchandising standards.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Enjoys interacting with customers one-on-one.
- Highly-organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and virtually.
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific technology.
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Comfortable using electronic bakery and deli equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while handling product.
It's not just a brand name, it’s a family name. Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934, Meijer treats our Team Members like they’re a part of our family. We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That’s why our Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me.” Sound like the place for you? Join us.
We love working with talented people but more than that, we look for team members who thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a job that’s more than a paycheck, but a career that plays an important role in your community.
- Required Skills