Shopify Lead Developer
- Job Title
- Shopify Lead Developer
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Northampton, MA 01060
- Other Location
Pioneer Valley Books is a leading publisher of award-winning literacy resources. We are committed to providing quality books for children learning to read and resources that support teachers in their work. Our customers passionately love our products, and our company continues to grow.
The Shopify Lead Developer will be responsible for all websites residing on the Shopify platform, with a focus on system stability and maximizing organizational efficiencies. This role reports to the Director of Information Technology and provides key support to the Marketing team while also working in collaboration with all areas of the business.
This position provides advanced end-user support for Shopify and related applications for all Pioneer Valley Books digital platforms. The role provides technical support to resolve Shopify issues, answer questions, and perform modifications. The Shopify Lead Developer collaborates with the Marketing team and internal/external Development teams on special projects, system expansion, and migration programs, researching options and recommending alternative solutions as needed.
This individual also provides system maintenance, communicates upgrade changes, and general knowledge transfer to appropriate company team members.
- Perform day-to-day operational oversight, maintenance, change requests, and technical support for all Shopify websites and related applications
- Plan, review, and revise feature configurations and customizations of Shopify websites to meet evolving operational and business needs
- Troubleshoot and remedy technical issues such as software install/updates, design changes, and application interfaces
- Provide ongoing internal support, training, and documentation
- Design, develop, test, and deploy customizations with the internal development team and external consultants
- Support staff usage, provide site metrics, and track system performance
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend key technologies or modifications to support and improve business processes for all websites and digital assets
- Support requests for saved searches, reports, key performance indicators, and dashboards
- Support integration efforts with various applications such as PVB’s NetSuite ERP
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Shopify functionality for new releases, customizations, and integrations
Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Broad Shopify construction, launch, and maintenance expertise, as well as a general understanding of the admin system
- In-depth understanding of the web development process from design to development to deployment
- Working knowledge of Shopify's object/properties, AJAX API, and Meta fields
- Extensive testing and debugging abilities using the browser console and other tools
- Prior experience developing responsive layouts for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Working knowledge of Shopify's theming system and Liquid templating
- Working knowledge of SEO principles
- Previous experience working with a custom theme and/or the Storefront API
- Soft Skills:
- Exceptional problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external customers
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Works well both within a team environment and independently
Our company office is located in Northampton, MA. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a small, welcoming, pet-friendly office environment. If this sounds like your kind of job, we’d like to know! Please respond with a letter of interest and résumé. No phone calls, please.
Pioneer Valley Books is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. M/F/D/V/SO