Domain Data Scientist
- Job Title
- Domain Data Scientist
- Job ID
- Overland Park, KS 66212
- Other Location
The Domain Data Scientist develops and implements state-of-the-art solutions for clients in the utility and heavy industry sectors. The ideal candidate has an analytical and data science/engineering mindset and is well versed in consulting and problem solving in order to develop and implement industry leading solutions. As part of the team, you will leverage your knowledge of physical systems and equipment and data analysis, and augment with machine learning models to provide data insights and visual workflows to solve the client’s most important problems. The Domain Data Scientist will support the content development, implementation, and delivery of quality services for our clients.
Our products and services are detailed, technical and complex. The ideal candidate will have technical knowledge in one or more of our target markets which include:
- Power Generation
- Power Transmission
- Pulp & Paper
- Energy Resources
- Understand, validate, and translate CAD models, drawings, specifications, procedures, and work instructions into digital twin components.
- Organize data of different types and structures into useful format for consumption in manual data analysis or by platform software programs.
- Use high level coding languages to build physics and machine learning models.
- Participate in site assessments and technology studies as needed to ensure digital twin designs accurately reflect physical assets.
- Ensure digital twin designs are aligned with industry standards and requirements.
- Help define and document processes and procedures required to develop quality solutions.
- Provide thought leadership in digital twin based virtual methods for varying industries and participate in the orchestration of solutions with appropriate design and analysis tools.
- Create efficient technical approaches to model and analyze various client subsystems.
- Develop and provide demonstrations to help clients understand how visualization, digital engineering and digital twins can benefit them.
- Write training materials and assist in training clients on the use of implemented solutions.
- Assist in testing software to support the software development process.
- Meet technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mechanical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Data science experience a plus.
- Interest in and comfort with high-level programming languages a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science Related Field, Math, Engineering or related technical field required. Mechanical, Industrial, Process, or Manufacturing Engineering preferred.