R7-Louisa Back End Retail Associate
- Job Title
- R7-Louisa Back End Retail Associate
- Job ID
- Louisa, VA 23093
- Other Location
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) is searching for an R7-Louisa Road, Back-End Retail Associate. The Back-End Retail Associate will assist donors and provide tax receipts for such, selects, and prepares textiles for sales in store, prices new and used merchandise and assures goods are made available to the public in a clean, attractive environment with the best customer service standards.
- Assures exceptionally friendly customer service to all shoppers and donors.
- Performs basic housekeeping tasks on the sales floor, donation center, and production area.
- Safeguards company property and equipment against loss, theft, or damage.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Adheres to security policies and enforces all security rules and regulations and reports incidents to Store Manager.
- Assists in any other store function as needed to assure all work goals are met and to cross train in all store functions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Assists as necessary with loading/ unloading and carrying purchases/donations.
- Explains to donors the company’s policies when unable to accept some donations.
- Provides donors with tax receipts.
- Assures that the donation area center and the surrounding area inside and out are kept neat.
- Evaluate wares for quality and value and price appropriately and determine when items need to be sent to the E Commerce department.
- Prepare the outbound merchandise for shipment to warehouse.
- Rapidly and accurately grades textiles into categories determined by Management.
- Discards unsalable items.
- Hangs 100 garments per hour.
- Prices specialty items as directed by Management.
- Places clothes on Z rack in order according to store layout.
- Performs basic housekeeping tasks as required in store.
High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required.
Retail or similar experience preferred.
Ability to stand and move around for extended periods. Ability to climb, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, carry, push, pull, and lift objects up to 50 pounds.
Basic computer skills, basic phone communication skills, ability count change and work a cash register, basic math, and ability to make change.
This position may require a drug screen
Retail store environment, some minimal exposure to outdoor elements
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to pay and benefits, you will receive valuable training and experience. Best of all, when you come to work, you’ll know that your efforts make a meaningful difference in countless lives and communities. Join the Goodwill team and you will find more than a job…You will find a career with a cause!
To learn more about our company and team, please visit our website: www.fredgoodwill.org
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
- Pay Range
- ¤14.00 None to ¤14.00 None