At Lippert Mechanical Service Corporation, we are equipped to handle installation, repair, maintenance, and more for all heating, cooling, mechanical, and indoor air quality systems. When you need mechanical services in Kansas City, Lawrence, or St. Joseph, our certified technicians are here to provide you with the most economical solutions for your commercial budget.
Journeyman Chiller Technician
- Job Title
- Journeyman Chiller Technician
- Job ID
- St. Joseph, MO 64503
- Other Location
Lippert Mechanical is the most complete, experienced, and highest-quality HVAC, refrigeration, piping, and energy service solutions provider in the Kansas City, St. Joseph, and Lawrence/Topeka markets. Founded in 1965, Lippert is MSCA Star Certified and we employ experienced, trained experts in all areas of HVACR. We are committed to understanding your business needs to better serve you and offer the experience and stability you require.
Currently we are searching for a Journeyman Chiller Technician.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnoses, repairs, replaces, adjusts installs and monitors controls on chillers and associated components for various manufacturers, i.e., York, McQuay, Trane, Carrier, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs chillers of all types, i.e., hermetic, scroll, centrifugal, etc.
- Repairs components and performs complex modifications of mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems and components, including compressors, cooling towers, motors, pumps, fans, piping, transducers, flow switches, low pressure chillers, economizers, variable speed drivers, etc.
- Maintains numerous mechanical, electrical, and electronic components; including chillers, compressors, motors, boilers, oil, and propane fired furnaces, heaters, pumps, fans, ducts, pneumatic systems, VAVs, VFDs, pipes, steam, condensate, thermostats, switches etc.
- Uses fault detection and diagnostic measurement tools to test and inspect equipment, i.e., air flow, static pressure, fluid flow, refrigerant diagnostics, and wet/dry bulb temperature.
- Assembles, tests, calibrates, and adjusts temperature control and environmental control systems such as air conditioning plants, air environmental control systems, air distribution systems and complex dual equipment cooling installations, evaporative mechanical ventilation, and dehumidification systems.
- Monitors and maintains pneumatic, electronic, and automated direct digital controls systems.
- Monitors proper operation of pressures and temperatures. Records observations and acts to correct deficiencies.
- Installs new units and replacement parts according to OEM specifications and safety guidelines.
- Maintain logs and records to document maintenance and repair activities. Track own labor, materials and supplied used and report through the work order system.
- Trains and mentors other assigned heating and cooling technicians as needed.
- Operates equipment through control panels, i.e., OptiView, AdaptiView, Carrier single line panel, etc.
- Interprets wiring diagrams to locate failures.
- Reviews work layout from blueprints, drawings, models, and verbal and written instructions.
- Supports after hour emergencies and planned activities as directed by management.
- Operates customer and company owned motor vehicles and/or other equipment.
- Coordinates with other personnel in the identification of proper and correct materials, parts assemblies, and requirements for a variety of requisitions necessary for the job/task.
- Performs other duties as assigned including supporting CMMS and other departments.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of documentable Commercial Chiller level operation, maintenance and repair experience
- Valid drivers license
- Appropriate licenses to work with refrigerants, boiler and steam operational & service knowledge
- Communicate with internal team and customers, follow written and verbal instructions, interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics, and written reference material, perform math, and diagnose and resolve problems
- Physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including electronic and diagnostic tools, recovery equipment, hand and power tools, and various other HVACR equipment
- This position requires: stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, crawling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, and moving or carrying objects or materials
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.