Skip to content
Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Job Title
- Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Poway, CA 92064
- Other Location
Accounts Receivable professional with experience and skills to provide financial, administrative and clerical services. Accounts Receivables duties include the following tasks. Ensure accuracy and efficiency of financial operations and collections, processing and monitoring incoming payments. Secure revenues by verifying and posting receipts. Leverage ERP and Finance tools effectively. Work closely with accounting teammates and customers. Implement an effective but respectful customer Collections process. Act as the main communication bridge on receivables between Accounting Department and customers and company executives.
Essential Accounting Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording Accounts Receivables’ data.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in full compliance with financial standards, company policies, and established procedures.
- Work with the Sales Department to ensure all revenues are billed correctly.
- Prepare customer invoices, and bank deposits accurately.
- Reconcile the Accounts Receivable Ledger, ensure that all payments are accounted for, post all the payments properly and on time.
- Identify and verify discrepancies, develop action plans to follow-up internally and externally, and resolve clients’ billing issues successfully.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Generate reports detailing accounts receivables status and next steps.
- Propose and develop new procedures or process improvements as needed to increase AR efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work with delinquent domestic and international customers to develop win-win payment plans.
- Update customer accounts with latest payments and/or new customer contact information.
- Provide close collaboration and teamwork with company teammates internally as well as with customer representatives externally.
No supervisory responsibility at this time. As the organization grows in the future, Management
can nurture employee’s AR supervisory skills if the employee aspired to a future supervisory role and if a supervisory position became available.
- Education/Training: Minimum Accounting Certification or 2-year Accounting Associate’s degree. BA/BS a plus.
- Experience: 2+ years A/R or other Accounting position required. 2+ years' experience with ERP systems or QuickBooks, MS Office, Excel and MS Outlook. Proven working experience as AR professional. Minimum 2+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Skills/Technical Requirements: Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, experience and ability to prioritize and handle multiple day-to-day financial tasks simultaneously, strong user skills with accounting software, communicate information with precision and easy to understand, solve problems, collaborate, and work well under pressure.
This is an in-office position at Poway, CA headquarters that has the possibility to allow one day a week remote once fully trained. Role includes in-person collaboration with teammates, fully remote work not available for this position. The salary range for this position is $55K to $62K per year depending on experience.