- Job Title
- Placement Specialist
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Imagine having the opportunity to create a meaningful employment experience, one that meets your career goals and your desire to do socially responsible work.
What type of organization would you choose?
For more than 100 years, Girl Scouts has helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life. From the youngest Girl Scout to our graduating high school seniors, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges. Through our programming, girls are exposed to a vast array of educational topics such as the arts, entrepreneurship, the outdoors, STEM and more. In Girl Scouts, girls learn what it takes to be a leader. The leadership program for girls is based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience model, which allows girls to discover a positive value system and a strong sense of self, connect with others, build healthy relationships, identify causes that are meaningful, and take action to make the world a better place.
The Placement Specialist is responsible for successfully culminating recruitment efforts by initiating and pursuing communications strategies and protocols needed to convert prospective members (leads) to registered members. Responsible for securing increased girl and adult volunteer participation within an assigned area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Utilize Girl Scouts customer relationship management system to support pursuance of leads throughout the recruitment process for completion to close status.
- Support implementation of membership recruiting marketing strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual business plan and/or other council goals primarily through phone and written follow-up contacts with prospective members and community partners.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made in order to meet membership goal. Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Support external recruitment efforts and is able to finalize membership enrollment leads.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion.
- Work with cross-functional team to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
- Responsible for achieving community engagement and development goals in assigned geographic areas in order to recruit girl and adult members as well cultivate support for Girl Scouting to achieve the Council’s strategic goals and objectives, as well as the specific cross-functional goals for assigned communities and regions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual capabilities in Spanish and English preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word), SharePoint, Customer Relationship Management software, team/knowledge sharing tools, etc.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Benefits: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary and extensive benefits package and future growth opportunities within the company. Our current full time employee benefit package includes Health, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D, Educational Assistance, Commuter Benefits, Paid Time Off/Vacation, Paid Company Holidays, and more. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) Statement: Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council fosters belonging and respect for all girls. We empower all girls, volunteers and staff to fulfill their potential and make the world a better place. Our Girl Scout Promise drives us to provide diverse, equitable and inclusive experiences where all girls, volunteers and staff are confident they belong. We stand firm in these commitments and united by these ideals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.