BEAUTIFUL PLACES. SMART SPACES.
BRAVAS is a leading national technology integrator that provides Beautiful Places and Smart Spaces where their customers live, work, and play. Focused on the luxury market, BRAVAS completes more than 3,500 residential and commercial projects across the US every year. We sell and support everything from lighting, shades, and A/V to networking, security systems, and power management. As the largest and only national luxury custom integrator in the market, BRAVAS works with our customers to ensure that technology complements and enhances any space, rather than distracts.
QUIT YOUR JOB, START A CAREER
The A/V industry is made up of small companies with limited growth potential. At BRAVAS there are dozens of roles that simply don't exist at other integration firms, and we have opportunities in dozens of cities nationwide. We are committed to a culture where professional development is a focus. We want our team to see a clear path to their goals and have the support to reach them. If you feel stuck where you are, reach out today to learn how you can build your career with BRAVAS.
THE BEST BENEFITS IN THE INDUSTRY
Our scale affords our clients lifestyle technologies that fit their budgets and exceed their expectations. Our customers know that we can attract and retain the best talent, which gives us access to the expertise of more than 300 professionals who have earned hundreds of industry awards and certifications. Unlike almost anyone else in the market, BRAVAS has a unique ability to service our clients homes throughout the US - whether they are building a vacation home or moving across the country. We understand the concept that our clients expect the best, and so should our teammates. Thus we have put together a comprehensive benefits package that is unique within our industry and includes affordable health and wellness benefits, financial and retirement savings benefits, and time off benefits that reward tenure.
- Job Title
- Regional Accountant
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Baltimore, MD 21209
- Other Location
Job Title: Regional Accountant
Reports to: Regional Controller
The Regional Accountant supports the company’s finance and accounting department in creating accurate and timely financial records for the organization, month-end close processes, accounts payable and accounts receivable, and process documentation and improvement. This position will support the local office and serve as local financial support, providing guidance to the Executive staff and producing accurate and timely financial information for financial leadership. This position requires interaction with both local operations and corporate finance leadership teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the financial activities of the regional branches and maintain the general ledger and sub ledgers in accordance with GAAP and company policy, including month-end close.
- Monthly reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Support transactional teams using Quickbooks to enter sales orders, track inventory, recognize revenue and feed data as necessary to produce branch financial statements for inclusion in management reports and company consolidations including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, budget comparisons, bank compliance certificates, annual budgets and audit reports.
- Calculation of sales commissions.
- Recording of all payroll-related activities.
- Analysis of contracts and contract billing as needed to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
- Respond to Corporate Finance as assigned with accurate and timely information.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports as needed.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales tax, financial statement compilation and review.
- Working knowledge of consolidating and intercompany activities required.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills required.
- Knowledge of computer technology -- working connection with the company’s financial and operating systems and programs.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel or similar tools.
- Quickbooks experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant hands-on accounting experience.
- CPA designation strongly preferred.
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Fast growing company experience helpful.