Freelance Audio Engineer
- Job Title
- Freelance Audio Engineer
- Job ID
- Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Other Location
Blue Wire is built around the simple idea that independent podcasts would be more successful if they worked together. This concept is the foundation of Blue Wire’s network of 310+ shows from Green Light with Chris Long, Stay Hot, and Road Trippin to regional hits such as Bronx Pinstripes, Light Years, Pack-A-Day and many more.
We believe that hustle, authenticity, and community are cornerstones of success, and these are the values that connect our employees, network podcasts and listeners.
Blue Wire and Wynn Resorts have partnered on a first-of-its-kind brand alliance. Wynn Resorts is home to Blue Wire’s physical studio space within the heart of its flagship Las Vegas property. We activate around tentpole sports events like March Madness, NFL Draft, and NBA Summer League. Blue Wire also produces compelling, athlete and influencer led content year-round out of the studio while continuing to create innovative ideas and promotions with the world-class hospitality brand.
Blue Wire Studios is looking for an experienced Freelance Audio Engineer with audio expertise in the production of content from our Wynn studio property. You will help operate a studio while maintaining the audio quality of our content. You will edit and mix audio files. You must understand audio signal flow, audio processing, sound effects selection and integration, headphone mix creation, and troubleshooting.
This role is a contractor position, based in Las Vegas. Candidates must reside in the area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in recording and editing audio
- Setup and test sound equipment before recordings
- Edit and assemble content
- Ensure all edits and mixes are completed according to Blue Wire specifications
Qualifications & Skills:
- Candidate must be passionate, knowledgeable about audio in a broadcast/podcast environment
- Must have a firm understanding of Daws such as Studio one or ProTools
- Must be able to follow Instructions and notes from Producers and Audio Lead
- Proficiency with Dante Audio Networking is a plus.
- Skilled in triggering music and sound effects cues
- Skilled in file management and Mac OS
- Be open to taking risks and trying things out. Must not be afraid to fail
- Have a collaborative mindset
- Be meticulous editor and listener
- Possess interpersonal skills such as communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of signal flow and troubleshooting capabilities