Test Engineer - Automotive Climate Comfort and Thermal Management Systems
- Job Title
- Test Engineer - Automotive Climate Comfort and Thermal Management Systems
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Novi, MI 48377
- Other Location
Test Engineer – Automotive Climate Comfort and Thermal Management Systems
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Provide engineering direction and oversite for Automotive Climate Comfort and Thermal Management Systems testing of components and subsystems.
- Manage outsourced test services providers in the completion of mechanical and/or electrical tests on product components or series of components.
- Work with internal team and external suppliers to design and develop specialized measurements, special purpose instrumentation and/or shop or laboratory test equipment.
- Oversee execution of pre-established test protocols.
- Work with test and design engineers to develop new tests.
- Provide on time information to replenish test consumables.
- Keep records on work performed, analyze data collected, and oversee reporting of results.
- Keep test logs and schedules up to date.
- Maintain good housekeeping, safety practices and supplies.
- Assist instrumentation team and maintenance in equipment troubleshooting.
- Verify supplier accreditation as well as calibration of tools and equipment used on all testing.
Years of Experience:
- 3 years of prior experience in an engineering or senior technician/technologist role required - with automotive component and subsystem testing and/or validation experience preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
Desired Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical concepts.
- Understanding of Automotive Validation Requirements preferred.
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Some instrumentation knowledge with a preference for candidates with PLC programming experience.
- General computer knowledge (MS Office, MS Project).
- Basic data acquisition and control system knowledge.
- Display attributes of a critical thinker with exceptional organizational skills