- Job Title
- HVAC Designer
- Job ID
- Akron, OH 44319
- Other Location
About NexGoal: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high-quality, competitive, and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate clients.
Our Client’s Company Profile: Our client works with large organizations, corporations, state, and federal agencies and provides service across the entire country from coast to coast. Their engineers are experts in design-build projects, value engineering, and troubleshooting all types of HVAC equipment.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Reading and interpreting construction drawings including architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural blueprints
- Assisting the Engineering/Design team in creating 3D HVAC design drawings as well as creating field coordination drawings
- Design/detail complex ductwork and hydronic piping systems for buildings ranging from 10,000 square feet to over 1,000,000 square feet
- Perform site visits with the sales team, project managers, service technicians, architects, and general contractors to assess building HVAC needs
- Using computer-aided drafting software: AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks to create fully coordinated3D BIM models to specific project LOD (Level of Design)
- 3D BIM coordination meetings
- 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s or related technical degree is not required but preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD & Navisworks.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must be self-motivated with good time management skills to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once•Great customer service and communication skills are required•Analytical and critical problem-solving skills are a top priority
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems, plumbing systems, and building materials•Technical knowledge of forced air and hydronic HVAC equipment
- Building automation system knowledge is a plus•Basic knowledge of building codes and standards: ASHRAE, NEC, NFPA, SMACNA, LEED, IFC, etc.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be willing to occasionally drive up to two hours to job sites
- Willing to travel out of state for jobs or training for multiple days with prior notice
Our Client’s Compensation and Benefits
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Vision and Hearing Screenings
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Bonus Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Company-paid Long-Term Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Company-paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- Pretax Medical and Child Care Costs Program
- Free On-site Gym Membership
Note: By submitting your application, you agree to be automatically subscribed to NexGoal's e-newsletter, providing weekly Career Advice articles and Job Board updates. NexGoal will not share your email address with any third parties. You will be free to unsubscribe at any time.