Senior Traffic Transportation Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Traffic Transportation Engineer
- Job ID
- Bay Area, CA 94102
- Other Location
Bennett Engineering Services and Y&C Transportation Consultants
Bennett-Engineering Services has been adeptly providing expert-level civil engineering services since 1995. At the top of our game, we are a multi-disciplinary civil engineering firm that provides services in transportation, wastewater, water, city engineering, urban design, and site development. As part of our commitment to providing our clients with well-established continuity, from concept to completion, we are dedicated to maintaining our exceptional, cohesive staff. This solid foundation, coupled with intentional staff retention, imparts a great deal of confidence to our ever-increasing and evolving list of clients, which includes cities, counties, special districts, other engineering firms, architectural firms, and private development companies.
Our core values demonstrate our commitment to not only our clients but our employees and their families. We pride ourselves on our family-centered atmosphere that builds employee relationships while cultivating a balance of professional and private life.
Position Summary: This professional position needs to be able to perform conventional and relatively complex engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within the discipline. The Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices, and applicable agency standards. Qualified candidates should have familiarity with the design of traffic signals, lighting, transportation electrical system, signing, pavement delineation, and construction stage traffic handling.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Have a strong understanding of traffic signal design with the ability to prepare signal design plans and quantities independently.
- Lead and support various transportation planning and engineering projects involving traffic operations, simulation, traffic impact studies, intersection control evaluations (ICE), and traffic analysis.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and designers to complete projects and deliverables.
- Maintain awareness of project scope, schedules, and budgeting.
- Analyze, design, and implement projects such traffic signal design, signal timing, signing, striping, lighting, and traffic control plans.
- Manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously throughout all stages of a project life cycle.
- Provide support for other engineering activities as required. May supervise one or more subordinates and provide input regarding performance.
- Assist in marketing responsibilities, including proposal generation.
- Provide input and technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and other engineers working on the same project.
- BS in Civil or Electrical Engineering
- Registered as Professional Engineer in Civil, Electrical, or Traffic Engineering in California.
- 10+ years of experience in preparing plans, traffic analysis and reports, specifications, and cost estimates for traffic signals, lighting, ramp metering, transportation electrical systems, signing, pavement delineation, and construction traffic handling.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and the ability to work and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in using AGI and/or VISUAL photometric analysis software
- Knowledge of using Auto-Turn software
- Work Flexibility: Flexible Work Schedules, Telework Capabilities
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Long-Term Disability Policies
- 401K Retirement/Profit Sharing: Company Matched Contributions to Roth and/or Traditional 401K, Access to a Financial Advisor
- Paid Time Off: Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays
- Professional Growth Paid Training: Salary increases for attaining P.E., In-House Training Academy, Professional Memberships
- Personal Fulfillment: Employee Recognition Program, Teambuilding Activities, Community Outreach Participation, Fun Work Environment!
- Performance Bonuses
- Referral Bonuses
- Monthly Allowance for Health and Wellness, Phone, and Ergonomic Environment
- Pay Range
- $125,000.00 Annually to $175,000.00 Annually