Project Engineer-Water Resources
- Job Title
- Project Engineer-Water Resources
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Roseville, CA 95661
- Other Location
BENNETT ENGINEERING SERVICES and Y&C TRANSPORTATION CONSULTANTS
BEN|EN has been adeptly providing expert-level civil engineering services since 1995. At the top of our game, we are a multi-disciplinary civil engineering firm that provides services in transportation, traffic and signal design, wastewater, water, city engineering, urban design, and site development. As part of our commitment to providing our clients with well-established continuity, from concept to completion, we are dedicated to maintaining our exceptional, cohesive staff. This solid foundation, coupled with intentional staff retention, imparts a great deal of confidence to our ever-increasing and evolving list of clients, which includes cities, counties, special districts, other engineering firms, architectural firms, and private development companies.
Our core values demonstrate our commitment to not only our clients, but our employees and their families. We pride ourselves on our family centered atmosphere that builds employee relationships while cultivating a balance of professional and private life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as a lead engineer on mid-to-large size projects.
- Makes decisions independently on technical problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments.
- Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements on large projects.
- Approves and is responsible for engineering deliverables.
- Participates in development of technical proposals solutions to clients.
- Provides technical leadership for business development work.
- Provides quality control review of design calculations or drawings.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Leads technical client relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned or otherwise identified.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Strong Organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years’ experience providing project engineering.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD Civil 3Dand/or MicroStation.
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
- California Professional Engineer License
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Work Flexibility: Flexible Work Schedules, Telework Capabilities
- Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Long-Term Disability Policies
- 401K Retirement: Company Matched Contributions to Roth and/or Traditional 401K, Access to a Financial Advisor
- Paid Time Off: Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Pay, Paid Holidays
- Professional Growth Paid Training: Salary increases for attaining P.E. or PLS, Provide Professional Development including certification and testing, In-House Training Academy, Professional Memberships
- Personal Fulfillment: Employee Recognition Program, Teambuilding Activities, Community Outreach Participation, Fun Work Environment!
- Performance Bonuses
- Referral Bonuses
- Monthly Allowance for Health and Wellness, Phone, and Ergonomic Environment
- Professional License & Certifications Reimbursement: Renewal of state professional license and certifications related to job growth
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, or disability. Such action shall include employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
- Pay Range
- $90,000.00 None to $107,000.00 None