Electrical Engineer I
- Job Title
- Electrical Engineer I
- Job ID
- Poway, CA 92064
- Other Location
Electrical Engineer I – Poway, CA
Inventing Simple® isn’t just a slogan to us, it’s a way of life. Using simple plug-and-play ideology, we revolutionized solar installations in 2003 with our Interconnect SystemTM. Our harnessing system is now the gold standard EPC’s use around the world. By using simple ideas, we are making solar energy a more affordable and clean power source for future generations.
This role will focus on contributing to the world class design and development of power distribution systems for Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and Electric Vehicle Support Systems and associated components focusing on economy, safety, reliability, quality and sustainability.
You will collaborate with a diverse group who are committed to only the highest quality solutions. We are a collaborative team and this means you’re empowered and have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the design, and know that each contribution you make is significant.
- Perform electrical engineering design calculations as it pertains to photovoltaic systems, EV charging and BESS power distribution.
- Design, develop, review, update, and modify electrical designs, schematics, wire harnesses as per design specifications.
- Perform power analysis of low voltage and medium voltage AC and DC power distribution systems.
- Perform and support ongoing testing and updating of prototype electrical systems and subsystems.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Working knowledge of applicable codes such as NEC, NFPA 70E, UL, CSA and IEEE standards for the renewables and energy storage industry
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use personal computer software such as Office 365 suite.
- Experience working with Schematic Capture software such as Altium, P-CAD, PADS and others
- Practical experience with CAD software such as Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Understanding of AC (both single and three phase) and DC power systems.
- Have a fundamental knowledge in renewable and off-grid power systems design and analysis.
- Ability to travel infrequently, as needed
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Pay
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Shoals Technologies Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000