Sr. Sanitation Supervisor/Assistant Quality Manager (1st Shift)
- Job Title
- Sr. Sanitation Supervisor/Assistant Quality Manager (1st Shift)
- Job ID
We are working with the world’s largest dairy company, with over 85,000 employees in 94 countries! This company is employee centric, encouraging local decision-making, hands-on responsibility, and development opportunities. They are seeking a Sanitation Manager who will be responsible for leading the implementation of the Sanitation Programs throughout the manufacturing plant. This position is the technical liaison between the plant, headquarters, sanitation chemical company, and pest control company.
Location: Wausau, WI
- Own programs and training procedures for production line and facility sanitation.
- Manage tracking and trending of environmental monitoring data, compiling reports and corrective and preventive measures as needed. Maintain cleaning verification and validation programs to prove effectiveness of Sanitation program.
- Create a safe working environment for personnel working in sanitation, maintain chemical safety procedures and material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Ensure compliance to all requirements of Environmental, Health, and Safety program.
- Create and maintain a structured, orderly chemical storage and sanitation supply area in the factory.
- Review the effectiveness of the Sanitation Program on an annual basis for effectiveness and provide continuous improvement for the sanitation program at the factory level.
- Oversee and lead the implementation of assigned elements of the Quality Risk Management system and operational standards in order to continuously improve.
- Ensure compliance with the Sanitation Standard, Pest Control Standard, Hygienic Design
Standard, and Building and Fabric Maintenance Standard.
- Manage the Internal Cleaning and Sanitation Audit Program to ensure compliance to Sanitation Programs and Standards
- Partner with business leaders on process improvements including leading change initiatives, planning, validating and implementation.
- Manage and evaluate the Sanitation department staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development.
- Participate in required audits (OSHA, FDA, WDA, customer audits, etc.) and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing is required.
- Must have 2 years of supervisory experience.
- BS in Food Science, Engineering, Microbiology, or another related field is preferred.
- Working knowledge in HACCP, Microbiology, Sanitation, Chemical Safety, Pest Control, and Quality Systems preferred.
- Experience with statistics and analytical problem solving.
- Ability to develop work instructions and documentation, as well as experience with MS Office.
- Flexibility in work schedule, able to work periodically on other shifts.