Financial Data Analyst - Federal Accounting
- Job Title
- Financial Data Analyst - Federal Accounting
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Federal Financial Consultant – Data Analyst
Work from Home (must be in Metro DC Area)
Must possess or be able to obtain a Public Trust – US Citizenship is required
@Orchard LLC is supporting a client with an urgent requirement for a Mid-level or Junior Financial Analyst with Federal Financials, and Data Analysis experience, to join a long-standing project for a Federal Civilian client. The roles will be remote/work from home, but because there might be a need to attend a meeting or two with the government client, you will need to be located in Northern Virginia, Washington DC, or Southern Maryland (commutable to DC).
About the role:
Our client is a Woman-Owned Federal Contractor with established contracts and relationships within the Federal Financial and Accounting sectors. The firm has an immediate need for a Financial Analyst, familiar with Federal accounting standards, and with strong data analysis experience to join the team. The primary focus of the work is on internal controls for the agency, and one of the objectives is to deliver insights in a clear and understandable fashion to the government client, through the use of clear data presentation, leveraging tools such as Tableau and RPA. It is imperative that the Financial Analyst hired have strong writing and communication skills, coupled with the ability to translate and present complex financial and accounting information into terms easily understood by stakeholders.
You should be able to:
- Conduct data analysis.
- Document and analyze business processes.
- Conduct research and review business processes, standard operating procedures, and other documentation and identify internal control issues or broken processes and make recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze reports and corresponding data to note key observations and trends for internal control weaknesses or issues.
- Help clients enhance their strategic risk awareness in the areas of enterprise risk management.
- Participate in the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client.
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Track and review prepared by client audit requests.
- Work independently and work well with a team and execute tasks based on direction from the task lead or supervisor required.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- A bachelor's degree in a suitable subject (Accounting or Finance preferred).
- A certification such as PMP, CGFM, or CPA is preferred but not required.
- At least one year of financial analysis experience, including work within Federal Financial systems.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau.
- Subject matter expertise in Excel.
- The ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.