- Job Title
- Payroll Manager
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Portland, TN 37148
- Other Location
Payroll Manager – Portland, TN
Inventing Simple® isn’t just a slogan to us, it’s a way of life. Using simple plug-and-play ideology, we revolutionized solar installations in 2003 with our Interconnect SystemTM. Our harnessing system is now the gold standard EPC’s use around the world. By using simple ideas, we are making solar energy a more affordable and clean power source for future generations.
Payroll Manager Summary:
Reporting directly to the Controller of the company, the Payroll Manager is responsible for payroll for global operations of the company, including direct payroll processing and/or the management of professional employer organizations (PEOs) for indirect payroll processing.
Payroll Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and administration of company payroll systems.
- Directing the collection, calculation, verification, and entering of data in the appropriate system to ensure accurate and timely payment of relevant employee compensation.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of weekly, bi-weekly, and/or off-cycle paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts through the applicable payroll system.
- Maintain and execute procedures to record and report payroll taxes and earnings for all compensation, including non-cash compensation such as stock-based compensation, benefits, insurance, and perquisites.
- Updating employee payroll records such as reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job titles, garnishments, and department/ division transfers.
- Implementing policies and procedures for payroll actions, including employee record changes, timing of payroll processing, and reconciliation of payroll information.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Complies with SOX controls regarding payroll processing and maintaining appropriate evidentiary supporting documentation.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Works closely with accounting to balance payroll accounts and ensure appropriate accounting entries are booked.
- Provides payroll information to employees by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Manages relationships with third party service providers.
- Knowledge of payroll regulations in multiple states (exposure to international payroll would be a plus)
- Minimum 5 years of payroll experience processing both hourly and salaried payroll
- Attention to detail and timelines
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with SOX controls regarding payroll processing
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Expert Microsoft Excel computer skills
- Experience with major payroll service providers such as ADP, PayCom, OnPay or others
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Pay
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
Shoals Technologies Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.