- Job Title
- DC Clerk
- Job ID
- Hayward, CA 94545
- Other Location
Distribution Center Administrator | OmniCable- Hayward, CA
Pay range: $25.40-$31.70
OmniCable, LLC (OmniCable) is a premier redistributor of wire and cable, electrical products, and value-added services. OmniCable empowers our industry to be successful by providing an exceptional experience through operational excellence, accuracy and precision, and a partnership approach. With a multi-million dollar inventory and the acquisition of Houston Wire & Cable, we offer distributors products from the industry’s leading manufacturers from our 24 North American distribution centers. Since our founding in 1977, we only sell to distributors.
Omni Cable is subsidiary of Dot Family Holdings. Our employees are all working towards the same goal, which is our mission statement: To be the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees. We believe in empowering your future!
What You’ll Do:
In the role of Distribution Center Clerk, you will be responsible for assisting the DC leadership team in fulfilling daily production requirements related to order assignment, processing, shipping and receiving.
Responsibilities revolve around assisting the DC leadership team in the following areas:
- Daily order allocation and processing.
- Sales Interaction – phone, email with order fulfillment and exceptions.
- Assist in order exception investigations
- General information requests from Sales, Allocations, Purchasing, Supply Chain, etc.
- PO Entry for Non-Stock supply purchases for all consumables (POs, Grainger, WB Mason).
- Workflow (Process Maker) for DC expenses/invoicing (supply purchases, equipment repairs, etc.)
- Responsible for Vendor Log / sign-in sheet
- Responsible for all filing/maintaining all packing lists for purchases outside ERP
- Outbound Freight Scheduling/Selection (LTL, CUST, Brokered services, Export Compliance/Commercial Invoices
- UPS/FX shipping
- Will Call servicing
- MHE operation to load/unload trucks
What You’ll Need:
- Knowledge of OmniPro
- Good computer and internet skills
- Understand warehouse flow and layout
- 2-5 years of warehouse/inventory management experience.
- Proficiency in MC Office suite and ERP systems
- Effective Verbal & Written communication skills
- Familiarity with general transportation terms
- Must be comfortable in a production environment where sense of urgency is high
- Proven ability to multitask while maintaining high levels of organization with assigned tasks
- Prior use of RF technology/computerized WMS systems
- Must be authorized to work in the US, be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of specialty and basic wire and cable products.
- Military training and/or experience.
- Competitive Medical / Dental / Vision /Prescription Plans
- No-cost medical financing as well as Life / STD / LTD / AD&D
- Health Savings & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with competitive employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarship Fund
- Professional Development
- Flexible Workplace
Mission Statement: To empower shared success by being the best vendor to our customers, the best customer to our vendors, and the best employer to our employees through innovation and collaboration.