Software Engineer, Python (Top Secret Clearance) - Denver, CO
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Python (Top Secret Clearance) - Denver, CO
- Job ID
- Denver, CO
- Other Location
Software Engineer, Python (Top Secret Clearance)
Denver, CO – HYBRID
@Orchard, LLC, has been retained by a fast-growing geospatial technology services firm in their search for an experienced Software Developer with Python experience to join their team in support of Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects can span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. Our client works with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. They do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Their projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Be passionate about technology that drives success to the mission of customers and contributes to moving them forward.
- Work as an integral part of a software development team translating real-world needs into technical solutions.
- Integrate capabilities from different systems across the enterprise while the needs of users and stakeholders are met.
- Contribute to the design, development, testing and integration of new capabilities from an idea to production across a complex system.
- Participate in daily standups, sprint and release planning activities, and coordinate with other team members (systems engineer, systems administrator, tester, etc.) to accomplish the tasks outlined in user stories.
- Writing or contributing to documentation and end-user instructions/manuals, as necessary.
- Exhibit traits of being self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance simultaneous tasks to keep pace with a team of high performers.
Your Background should include the following:
- US Citizenship required.
- Active Top Secret clearance with an ability to obtain SCI access and willingness to obtain CI Polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in software development with experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle (analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and general best practices for software development
- Experience designing, developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, GitLab, etc.
Additional Skills/Certifications Preferred:
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of web application development concepts and experience using web frameworks
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration such as Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration and software CM processes / tools (Git, GitLab, GitLab CI, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- AWS experience and/or AWS certification (Developer, DevOps and/or, Architect, etc.)
- Security+ Certification
The compensation for the role will be in the $130K-$190K range. Note the salary information provided is a general guideline only. Salaries are based on candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.