Software Engineer, Java (Top Secret Clearance) - Sterling, VA
- Job Title
- Software Engineer, Java (Top Secret Clearance) - Sterling, VA
- Job ID
- Sterling, VA
- Other Location
Software Engineer, Java (Top Secret)
STERLING, VA (HYBRID)
@Orchard, LLC, has been retained by a fast-growing geospatial technology services firm in their search for an experienced Software Developer with Java experience to join their team in support of Defense, Intelligence, and Federal clients to achieve mission success and solutions for varied mission-critical programs. Projects can span a wide range of software and analytical methodologies and lie at the intersection of software development and geospatial intelligence. Our client works with soldiers and geospatial analysts to produce solutions that allow them to develop better situational understanding of complex operational pictures. They do everything from data collection to UI/UX development and advanced deep learning, using a broad toolset including Python, C#, and ArcGIS. Their projects include cutting-edge R&D efforts, as well as large mission programs incorporating data processing/optimization, data dissemination techniques, visualization, and collaboration across the commercial and government sectors.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Be passionate about technology that drives success to the mission of customers and contributes to moving them forward.
- Work as an integral part of a software development team translating real-world needs into technical solutions.
- Exhibit traits of being self-motivated to deliver solutions and integrate with the UI team and test teams, and as a quick learner, able to balance simultaneous tasks to keep pace with a team of high performers.
- Contribute to the design, development, test, and integration of many components within a microservice architecture.
- Be willing to work a hybrid schedule with accommodation for the team environment.
Your Background should include the following:
- US Citizenship required.
- Active Top Secret clearance with an ability to obtain SCI access and willingness to obtain CI Polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development (analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance)
- Experience as a software developer or software engineer with at least one programming language
- Experience with Java and Object-oriented programming
- Experience with containerization tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Minikube, etc.
- Experience with ElasticSearch and Kibana
- DBA knowledge: Oracle, MarkLogic, Postgres, Mongo
Additional Skills/Certifications Preferred:
- Experience building and configuring CI pipelines (Gitlab & Jenkins)
- Knowledge of architecture styles and APIs including REST & SOAP
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience with AWS environments
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment
- Understanding of GIS concepts (ESRI tools)
- Security+ Certification