IT Operations Research Analyst 1 (Bolingbrook, IL)(Onsite 10:00am-6:30pm)
- Job Title
- IT Operations Research Analyst 1 (Bolingbrook, IL)(Onsite 10:00am-6:30pm)
- Job ID
- Bolingbrook, IL 60439
- Other Location
The main function of an Operations Research Analyst is to formulate and apply mathematical modeling and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formation, or other managerial functions. A typical operations analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing data and developing decision support software.
• Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives and their numerical parameters.
• Analyze information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems.
• Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
• Define data requirements and gather and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
• Associates degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, statistics, mathematics or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
• 0-2 years experience required
• Experience in operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, or data modeling
• Basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning and resource allocation
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time