Web Application Firewall (WAF) Engineer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) Engineer (Remote)
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Philadelphia, PA 19192
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project-based work.
Conexess Group is aiding a large healthcare client in their search for a Web Application Firewall Engineer in a remote capacity. This is a long-term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
******We are unable to work C2C on this role******
- Work across multiple teams – Information Protection, Network Engineering, Application teams to implement advanced protections for critical attack types.
- Facilitate the translation of critical CIP Cyber Security Policies and Procedures into actionable project plans and tasks.
- Ensure policies are concurrent with latest OWASP Versions.
- Set clear expectations and drive the team towards committed deliverable dates.
- Provide timely status reporting to management.
- Clearly communicate risks and remediate plans as they come up in the project.
- Develop a deep understanding of the technologies being implemented (HTTP, WAF, OWASP Top 10, API, login and password protections).
- Implementation and maintenance of the WAF configuration specific to applications on the F5 ASM WAF.
- Monitoring and analysis of the log files (at least on the second level) – partnering with WAF engineers & Incident Response.
- Contact for error messages, in particular false positives analysis in collaboration with the
- application manager.
- Close cooperation with the WAF application managers and platform managers.
- Test of WAF functionalities for the application, especially when deploying new versions of the Application.
- Own the delivery & operations of Shape when implemented through the F5 pattern.
- Bachelor’s degree; Agile Certification (Kanban preferred) or related experience.
- Experience with Web Application Firewall implementations is a plus (and in particular F5 ASM).
- Ability to quickly learn the WAF configuration in relation to application-specific security mechanisms.
- Ability to quickly learn the behavior of core applications, in particular input, output, uploads, downloads, character sets, etc.as part of constant tuning of the applications.
- A bachelor’s degree; Agile Certification (Kanban preferred) or related experience.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in project and program management; experience in Information Protection projects.
- Proficiency to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Jira.